Chapter 27

Killian POV

We all waited for my father to return. I kept watching Lila and Ronan. You could cut the sexual tension with a knife. Why won't she just give in? I know she wants him. He knows it too.

As his hand keeps slipping higher and higher up her leg I try to find an ounce of jealousy. I can't find it. I wonder if it's because he's my twin or if I am just happy to be able to share my mate with him. Let him experience how wonderful she is.

My mother walks in and I become infuriated. Lila squeezes my hand but it's not enough to calm me. I reach over and pull her onto my lap. She puts her arms around my neck and kisses me. There's conversation but I can't hear it.

My father walks in and I let her go. Ronan gets her on his lap. She sits sideways and he kisses her cheek. I move over next to them and massage her legs. I see them looking at each other like they're trying to memorize each other's faces then he pecks her. She pecks him back.

Their affection is so innocent I feel like an intruder until she reaches over and kisses me. Then she kisses him.

"Lila, please refrain from distracting my sons. This is important," my father says.

"Sorry Alpha Lance," she says.

I squeeze her legs to let her know it's ok but she gets up and sits down the table. My father looks furious. My mother looks scared and everyone else keeps looking between them.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" My Dad asks.

"Why should I say anything?" My Mom shoots back.

"You gave away my son," my Dad says. "You had no right. No permission. You stole Killian's twin. How dare you?"

"You must not remember that time. It was too much. I needed a break so I gave him to Alpha Frederick," she says. "It was supposed to be a short visit but everything improved. Sure everyone was unhappy but that wasn't permanent."

"Pick your punishment. Life in a cell or death," my dad says.

You can't be serious. He's fine. He's right there," she says.

"I am far from fine. I grew up believing I was unlovable and unwanted. I believed none of you wanted me. Betrayed by my own mother," Ronan says.

"I have made excuses for you for years. No more. You're a terrible person. An awful mother. I hope you choose a cell so you can sit with yourself for the rest of your life," Killian says.

"I vote for the cells too. That would give everyone time to tell you exactly how they feel about you," Catherine says.

"I vote for death. You don't deserve to live after what you did," Josephine says.

Why are you guys voting? It's not your decision," my Dad says.

"I think Ronan should decide," Tara says. "He and Killian suffered the worst."

We're not going to measure pain," my dad says. "Now choose."

"I choose to leave this wretched family," she says. "None of you care for me. No one tries to understand what I was going through. No one sees I did it for all of us. Even you Ronan. What were you going to do? Share being Alpha? Share a mate? You needed to be your own person. Have your own space. I saved you."

"Shut up you selfish bitch," Ronan shouts. "You didn't save shit. If I have a say, I vote for death."

"How dare you," she says. "I sacrificed everything for you. I wanted you to have a better life."

"Enough," I shouted. "Make your choice."

She tried to run out of the room but was blocked by Greg and Tara. "Fine. I choose a cell," she finally says.