Chapter 8

Lila POV

I went outside to try to find some privacy away from Killian. I pulled out my phone and called Tomas.

Tomas: Lila. Are you okay?

Me: Of course I am. Why?

Tomas: There were some men here asking about you and they weren't from your new pack.

Me: What men?

Tomas: They said they were sent by an Alpha Marvin.

Me: That's not good. Thanks for letting me know. I'm sure the Blood Rose pack can take care of me. It's the reason we moved here in the first place.

Tomas: If you say so. We had a battle just to keep them from looking around. These men meant business. I think they will be back.

Me: Be careful Tomas. I don't want to see you get hurt.

Tomas: I'll be fine. You want to have some play time?

Me: I can't. I'm outside. Anyway, I have to go tell Killian what you said.

Tomas: You do that. I love you.

Me: Love you too. Bye Tomas.

Tomas: Bye Lila.

I hung up the phone then made my way back to the pack house. They were still eating. I took my seat then looked at Killian.

"That was Tomas on the phone. He said that Alpha Marvin sent some men down there looking for me," I say.

"Who's that?" Catherine asks.

"He's my old Alpha," I say.

"Why's he looking for you?" She asks.

"I don't think I want to know," I say.

"I wouldn't worry about it. I'll take care of it when the time comes," Killian says. "I didn't know you were still talking to Tomas."

"We talk occasionally," I say. "Like to let him know I got here and then he called to tell me about Alpha Marvin sending men. He said that they battled."

"Is that all you talked about?" Killian asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

I started getting apprehensive. I don't want to lie, but I also don't want to tell him, especially in front of Catherine and Anna or whoever else is around.

"I think that's an easy question," he says. "Is that all you've talked about?"

"No," I say, praying he doesn't ask follow up questions.

"Care to enlighten me?" He asks.

"No. At least not right now," I say.

He stands up taking his plate to the kitchen. I know he's pissed. I can feel his rage and I know I caused it.

"I have to go and finish training, but we are not done with this conversation," he says, making his way out.

"I understand," I say.

When he leaves Catherine looks at me with a shocked look on her face. " What do you guys talk about? Is it sexual?" She asks.

"Oh Goddess help me," I say.

"You can't tell my brother that," she says. "I heard how he found you and if you're continuing with that, he will be infuriated. You'll ruin everything you're building."

"I can't lie. I swear I haven't done anything but there was talk," I say.

"What was said?" She asks.