Chapter 25

Killian POV

"I know what you were trying to do and I appreciate it. You should know my mother is a hopeless case. It's something I've been used to for a long time," I said. "Don't try to change her. You'll only wear yourself out."

I can't believe someone would act like that," Lila says. "She's a monster."

"She is who she is," I say. "I love her but I don't like her very much."

She came over and gave me a hug. I kissed her and things snowballed from there. I had her against the wall in the dining room when I snapped to my senses.

"Don't stop," she whispered in my ear.

"We can't.  Not right here," I said.

"Then take me to your office," she said.

I carried her into my office where we were greeted by my father.

"What's going on Dad?" I ask.

"I don't think I gave you good advice before," he says. "It has been my honor to be your father. I see your strength everyday and I amazed that I helped make you. I know you always thought that your brother was the favorite but it was always you. That's why I worked you so hard. I knew you could handle it."

"Dad, you don't have to-," I started.

"No son I do. I need you to know how I feel," he says. "I heard your mother. You are not going to die. I just know it. You're too good for death at that man's hands."

I look at Lila and there's tears in her eyes and she's rubbing her tiny baby bump.

"Here's what I think you should do," he says.

The next day we decided to go to her parents house and spend time with them. Christopher was so cute I couldn't stop watching him and praying that I get to see my kids.

Her parents bought new produce and we made pizzas. They insisted on giving me advice for my fight. They have been praying too.

After we left their house we went to see Kelsey. She threw herself at me and started crying. I tried to keep her at bay but she was so emotional. I gave her a hug then set her away from me.

This was a bit much. She was crying more than my mate. This girl has always been over the top. Thankfully, we didn't stay long. I don't think Kelsey spoke two words.

We went back to the pack house to see Catherine and Tomas. They were in good spirits. I was actually glad my sister found someone who makes her happy. I still wish it was anybody else. Well not Alpha Marvin.

Tomas was full of suggestions. Some were actually not bad. We wrapped things up with them and headed to bed.

The day before my fight was spent in bed like I wanted. People came in and out. We fucked on and off. Food was delivered. The only thing we got out of bed for was the bathroom.

I finally felt at peace. I felt like I could conquer anything. All I needed was my mate.

"You know you have to stay here tomorrow, right?" I asked.

"No. I want to be there for you," she says.

"Why so I can worry about them taking you when I'm busy? You're staying here. End of story," I say.

"Don't talk to me like that. I get a say in where I go. You don't control me," she says.

"You think this is about control? The entire reason I am fighting is to keep you here. And now you're giving me a hard time about something that's from your own safety," I say.