Chapter 23

Lila POV

The baby furniture was delivered and assembled ready to meet the baby. Killian was painting the other walls while I assembled the mobile to go on top of the crib.

I was sitting in my rocking chair watching him now. How many more days did we have left together? I try to remain positive but I know my old Alpha. I know his tricks and then I thought wait a minute I could help Killian. I went over to him and said, "if you want to beat Marvin, here is how you do it."

With the baby's room complete, it was time to move on to something else. I had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon.

"So what's next on your list to accomplish?" Killian asks.

"I can't think of anything," I say.

"Then if you don't mind, I'm going to get started on this school for Joey," he says.

"Just don't forget about my doctor's appointment this afternoon," I say.

"I wouldn't dream of it," he says. "You want to help me?"

"What are you going to be doing?" I ask.

"Well first I have to call around and see who's interested in attending. I won't have my answer to that today so I can't really do much else," he says.

"I can help you get that done I suppose," I say.

"Great. Let's get you set up in your office," he says.

"Where's my office?" I ask.

"Come on. I'll show you," he says.

We walk down to his office and goes to the book shelf behind his desk. He pulls a book called, "Mates for Life" and a door behind his desk opens.

He walks through the door and I follow. There's a small office back there. I walk through and take a look around.

"If you want to change anything, let me know," he says.

"I definitely want a different chair. That one is big and bulky. Makes the room smaller," I say.

"We can take out some of these bookcases to make the space larger," he says.

"I would like that," I say.

He mindlinks and people instantly show up with boxes ready to move the shelves. Once that's done the room doesn't feel so claustrophobic.

"Do you want to paint?" He says.

"Yes but not today. I'd rather get to work now," I say.

He gives me a list with five names and numbers. I see they're from neighboring packs.

I pick up the phone and dial the first number.
It rings and someone picks up on the fourth one.

"Alpha Tanner," he says.

"Hello Alpha Tanner. This is Luna Lila from The Black Rose Pack. I was wondering if your pack would be interested in joining an all werewolf school we were thinking of building."

"I think that sounds like an excellent idea. We have about fifty students and eight on the way."

"So I can add your pack to the list?" I ask.

"Please. And while you are at it, wish Alpha Killian luck with his upcoming fight. We're all rooting for him," he says.

"Thank you so much. I definitely will. Have a nice day," I say.

I moved on to the next name. Every alpha was interested with various numbers for students. When I was finished, I took my paper with my notes back to Killian.