Chapter 14

Lila POV

Today was my first day as Luna. I woke up in bed alone. Had breakfast alone. Now I was expected to go out and meet the pack and help where it's needed. Luna Angela was supposed to join me today but she had an appointment she couldn't miss.

I started at the house across the street from us. I knocked on the door and Tara answered. If I had known she lived there I would have skipped it.

"What do you want," she says

"I'm doing my Luna introductions today so I wanted to stop by and see how you are doing," I say.

"We already know each other," she says.

"Yes we do. I'm also checking in making sure you don't have anything I can help you with," I say.

"What? Wouldn't you check to see if I needed anything?" She asks.

"Same thing," I say.

"Why don't you get your mate to get off his high horse. We used to be such good friends and now we're not because of you. The least you can do is get him to talk to me," she says.

"I will look into that," I say.

"Just get it done," she says before slamming the door in my face.

That went well. I walked to her neighbors but no one was home. No one was home on the entire block.

I decided to go to Kelsey's house. She let me in right away. I didn't start out liking Kelsey but she has grown on me.

"How are the introductions going," she asked.

"Only Tara was home and she slammed the door in my face," I say.

"Oh bullshit. They're home. Give me a second to get dressed,"

She quickly got dressed, grabbed my hand, then dragged me back to Tara's neighbor. She started banging on the door. "You open up this goddamn door Patricia or I will knock it down," she shouted.

The door slowly opens and a short woman peeks her head around it. "What do you want?"

"I'm here to introduce you to our new Luna," she says.

I put my hand out and she shakes it. It's a pleasure to meet you Patricia. Do you live here alone?"

"Why? Are you planning on robbing me? I ain't got nothing worth stealing unless you like fruits and vegetables," she says.

"Pat here has the best garden in the state," Kelsey adds

"It used to be until these damn slugs moved in," she says.

"Can't you just pour salt on them?" I ask.

"You want me to salt my garden? What are you nuts?" She says.

"I'm just trying to help," I say.

"If you want to help then drive to Colorado Springs and get my slug repellent that my son is too busy to buy," she says.

"We can probably order it online," I say, pulling out my phone. "Do you have an empty bottle?"

She goes out to the shed and brings back a bottle of slug repellent. I easily find it and purchase her nine bottles because that's her lucky number. She thanks us and we're on to the next house.

Once again, Kelsey bangs on the door yelling, "Calvin. Open this door right now."

Calvin has problems find shoes with the proper arch support. We take him to the mall trying three different stores until he finds the proper pair. He buys two and we take him home.