Chapter 16

Killian POV

Her mother came out of the surgery just fine. The baby was five pounds but shouldn't spend much time in the NICU. They were taking extra precautions.

"I'm starving," Lila says.

She's looking a lot better than she did earlier. I guess her mother coming out of surgery was enough to make her feel better.

"Do you want to get something from the vending machine or go home?" I ask.

"I think I'm ready to go home," she says. "It's almost one a.m. I need some food and my bed," she says.

We say our goodbyes, promising to visit tomorrow to see the baby. The walk back to the pack house feels like a long one. I made us boxed Mac and cheese when we got back.

"I still have that surprise for you. Are you up for it?" I ask.

"Is it something quick?" She asks.

"It's as quick as you make it," I say.

"Okay. Let's do it!" She says.

"Close your eyes," I say.

Once she has her eyes closed, I picked her up and carried her up to the fifth floor. I opened the door to our suite and set her down.

"What is this?" She asks.

"It's our room. Open your eyes," I say. "I had it completely remodeled for us. Anything you don't like we can change."

She ran around the room looking at everything. "Come open this door," I say standing next to it.

She opens the door and finds a fully furnished nursery. She starts to cry. I wrap my arms around her from behind. "I can't wait to fill this room with you," I say.

"Really," she says, turning around to face me.

"Really," I say.

"Let's try now," she says.

I kiss her while walking her back to the bed. I take off my shirt and throw it then take off hers. I pull her to me by her pants and she jumps up wrapping her legs around me.

Gregory: Alpha we got something. We need you down here.

Me: Be right there.

"We're going to have to put a pin in it. I have to get down to the dungeons," I say.

"No. Please," she says.

"I'll try to be quick but I can't make any promises," I say, kissing her between words.

"If I fall asleep just wake me up," she says.

"I'll see what I can do," I say.

I race down to the dungeons wanting to know what they found out. I see Gregory has let the one man down and the other one is missing two finger nails.

Me: Are they both talking?

Gregory: Yes Alpha.

Me: Change out the guards and go home.

Gregory: But Alpha-

Me: It's ok. We'll exchange notes tomorrow.

Gregory: Yes Alpha.

I wait for Gregory to leave before saying anything. The men are looking at me with apprehension. As soon as the new guards arrived I asked, "So who wants to talk first."

They both raised their hands like it was school. I did a school song to pick one and landed on the hanging man.

"You. What's your name?" I ask.