Chapter 4

Heated - Chapter 4

After having such a crazy night last night, today I find myself in the library. Yes - It is indeed the same library where I have first been "introduced" to Harry. It's hard not think about what happened in here as the images kept on flipping through my memory's pages.

Even though he makes me weak and oh so heated...I have come to terms of what I actually want out of this whole thing, and that is; Nothing. I've had a change of heart and decided that if I want to look after my own well-being, then I shouldn't allow myself to fall victim to Harry.

Last night was a mistake, it was a bad decision made purely out of lust. I shouldn't have let it get as far as it did and now, I regret it. I've gone against my own word and have let myself down.

No. I will not allow him to have control over me, neither will I let him think that he has. And the only way to do that is to steer clear of him. Like they said in a song that I have once heard, sung by Phillip Phillips: "It's strange what desire can make foolish people do."

I feel you, Phillips.

The library was filled with people today, giving off a different vibe than the first time I was in here. The atmosphere is so alive and comforting and I felt completely at home. Just being in a library brings my soul to a calming and I am completely at peace and layered in tranquility.

This feels nice.

"Boo!"

I am suddenly forced out of my placid state of mind when I am approached by Becky trying to scare me - which she managed to do so very well as I almost jumped off from my chair.

I hate being a jumpy person.

"Becky! You almost scared me half to death!"

I scold at her as I clutch my heart with my hand - not my actual heart, but you know what I mean.

She, obviously, found all of it quite amusing as she continued to laugh at me hysterically.

"You should have seen the look on your face."

She laughs out as I try to remain angry at her but I just couldn't. She got me good, even if I have to say so myself.

"Shh."

Our laughing suddenly is cut off by the irritated librarian over at the counter. She didn't look happy with us laughing so profusely. We both kept quiet after that as she went on flipping through some books.

"You're going to get us into trouble."

I whisper at Becky as she shrugs nonchalantly and doesn't even seem fazed by it.

"Oh, well. She's crazy anyway." Becky rolls her eyes in annoyance towards Miss Howell. "What you got there?

Her eyes are then averted to the book that is opened in front of me.

"Oh, just my favorite book: Withering Through The Forest."

I reply with a happy smile on my face. Even just speaking the name of it puts me in a more happier state of mind. Books has always been my escape from this ruthless world and all its' troubles. It allows me to live in the world of someone else and let me tell you, it feels amazing!

"No. Way."

"What?"

I question her in bafflement as she has the most surprised look on her face as her eyes are widened and her jaw is basically touching the floor.

"It's my favorite book too!"

"It is?"

I question her in surprise and complete shock as she nods at me in excitement.