Chapter 40

"I am not just a notch on his belt. What he feels for me, he's never felt. I am a word he has heard, but has never seen for himself. Yet, he wants to know how that word is spelt."

- L.B. Austin.

Heated - Chapter 40

Harry's P.O.V.

*Flashback*

It was dark. 

Soft voices were heard. 

For some reason, my body hurt tremendously.

"They just brought him in. He was in a car accident with two others whom I assume are his parents. Another drunken driver smashed into their car."

I hear the faint voices in the background as I finally manage to open my eyes. 

My sight was blurred by bright white lights as I squint my eyes to keep the burning sensation out. 

My gaze then sets on the machines that are set beside me as I notice that there are wires hooked into my skin. 

I'm in a hospital.

Were they talking about me?

I try to get up as I pull the wires out from my arms and the last one I noticed was in my nose as well. 

"What are you doing?!" I hear a panicked voice run up to me as I notice that it is a nurse with a full blue suit on as she tries to put me back onto the bed. "You have to stay here in bed, you aren't fully recovered!"

She warns me, but I ignore her anyway as I push past her. 

"I've got to find my parents."

I call out and as soon as I make my way onto the floor, I feel a sharp pain in my head as it makes my vision double and everything around was blurry once again. 

"Listen to me, you have to stay here!"

"No! I have to find my parents!"

I yell out at her as I stumble towards the door and finally make it to the hallway where there were a few patients and doctors walking by, giving me strange looks. 

I held onto the wall as an aching pain is felt in my side as I clutch onto it, but it becomes even worse. It causes me to walk in a bent over position as I went in search of my parents.