Chapter 35

Heated - Chapter 35

Is this even real? Is this seriously happening right now? Are my eyes deceiving me or have I gone completely delusional?!

I wasn't even sure if I was dreaming or if this was a reality. All I knew was that my feet was cemented to the ground as my heart literally stopped at the sight of what was in front of me. 

I've always pictured this moment, but I never thought that it would actually happen!

"It's a special girl's birthday today, she's turning nineteen." He speaks and I feel the air leaving my lungs as I am not even able to breathe properly. "This one is for you, Paige. Happy birthday."

He smiles over at me with his sparkling green eyes and ginger hair pointing into different directions. 

"He said my name."

I am completely awe-filled as I mutter those words to myself as I stared wide-eyed at him. I'm utterly over the moon right now. 

How is this real?

Honestly, who would have thought that Ed bloody Sheeran would be here right now?! How did they even get him to come here on my birthday?!

My heart was filled with so much happiness, overwhelming joy, excitement - everything good wrapped into one! I'm surprised that I haven't collapsed yet!

"I LOVE YOU, ED!!!"

I scream out at Ed as I quickly cover my mouth at the realization of how loud I actually was. 

He chuckles over at me with the guitar in his hands. 

"I love you too, Paige."

My heart wanted to leap out of my chest at the words that escaped his mouth.

"OH MY GOSH! ED LOVES ME, BECKY! DID YOU HEAR THAT?! HE LOVES ME!"

I squeal over at Becky as the both of us freak out at the presence of one of my favorite artists in the world. I have no idea how my friends managed this, but I really do owe them big for this one!

He then starts strumming his guitar as the song sounds familiar and immediately I know what it is - Photograph - only one of my favorite songs off the 'X' album.

Suddenly, everybody has those sparklers in their hands as they waved it around whilst Ed strummed the beginning chords of the song. It looked absolutely beautiful and made the atmosphere feel even more amazing. 

"Here you go, Paige."

I look over to Golly who has a sparkler in her hand as she reaches it out to me. I've always been skeptical about those things as a little girl - mainly because I thought the sparkling flames were going to light me on fire - but I took it anyway. 

I waved the sparkling stick in my hands along with everybody else as people who knew the song sang along. I was literally in my own state of bliss and I basked in every second spent in the presence of all my friends and Ed - who made my heart skip a beat each time he smiled over at me.

Suddenly, my state had been interrupted by arms snaking its' way around my waist. He held me close as I smelt his cologne fill the air. His heat emitted its' way onto my body and made me feel even more at peace as I knew exactly who it was. I place my free hand onto his that is placed onto my waist. I then feel how he places a lingering kiss onto my cheek and I close my eyes to the feel as a smile plastered its' way onto my lips. 

"Do you like it?"

He whispers in his deep voice into my ear and it sends chills down my spine.

"I love it." I admit in pure happiness as I could almost hear him smile behind me. "Did you do all this for me?"