Chapter 48

Heated - Chapter 48

I've been trying to figure out ways to help Becky with her problem with Justin. She has been sad and depressed the entire day and it saddens me to see her this way.

I sent a text to Justin and asked him if he would come over. He hesitated at first but then eventually made up his mind and said that he'll be over in a few minutes. I told Becky and she started to freak out and hasn't stopped for like, five minutes now.

"What should I say when I see him? What if he sees me and just walks away again? I can't go through that, Paige, I just can't!"

She paces the room as she thought on the situation at hand.

"Just tell him everything that needs to be said to get him back, that's what you want, right?"

She nods her head at me as she finally stood still.

"It's all I want."

Her voice was soft this time as she looked at me.

Suddenly, a knock was heard on the door.

"It's him." Oh no, she's panicking again. "I can't do this, Paige!"

"Calm down," I say as I walk up to her. "I'll open the door for you and leave you guys to it. Just breathe, okay?"

"Okay."

She inhales and exhales slowly as I make my way to the door where Justin is waiting.

When I opened the door, it was indeed not Justin at all. But rather a six foot something, tanned skinned, brown-eyed guy with ink black disheveled hair that's pointing in all directions.

"Uhm... Hi?"

I furrow my brow up at him as he smiles down at me with his hands in his jean pockets.

"Hey." He watches me for a while and I squint my eyes up at him, waiting for him to tell me what he's doing here anyway. Is he lost or something? "Oh, I'm sorry. I should probably introduce myself."

Ya think?

He smiles brightly this time and he actually has a dazzling smile.

He pokes out his hand for me to take and I do so.

"The name's Josh." JOSH?! "And you are?"

I couldn't believe that this was actually the Josh that Becky was talking about. But what is he even doing here?

"Not supposed to be talking to you."

I quickly take my hand out of his as I feel so angered at his presence, knowing what he has done to Becky and Justin.

He furrows his brow at me as I feel Becky standing beside me this time.

"Josh..."

She looks at him in surprise.

Okay, so I'm not the only one who's surprised at his sudden entrance.

"Becky, you look beautiful."

He smiles down at her, but she looks a bit uncomfortable at his presence.

"You shouldn't be here."

Yes! That's the Becky I know!

"But I came to see speak to you."

"I can't see you anymore, Josh."