Chapter 7

Heated - Chapter 7

"Are you done yet?"

"Almost!"

I call out at a rather impatient Becky who frantically wants to get to the party to make sure that she meets up with Justin.

"Paige!"

She calls out once again and I roll my eyes at her.

Just because she came earlier to our dorm room than me, doesn't mean that she can rush me into getting done when she had all the time in the world to have done so. My classes had only ended a few minutes ago.

I take a look at myself in the mirror as I make sure that I look decent enough for the party since there are lots of people around that are probably going to see me.

A part of me... knowing that he'll be there... I- Nevermind.

Becky had bought herself a beautiful red dress that fits her figure perfectly.

I decided that I should get something not too out there as I didn't want to be the center of attention, so I just got myself a little black dress; which is elegant yet sexy at the same time - of course with some make up and a red lip to match.

Suddenly Becky barges into the room and pulls me by the arm.

"C'mon, you look gorgeous, but we really got to go now. I don't want to be too late, ya'know?"

"Okay, okay. I'm coming."

I grin at her and her excited state. She's only freaking out because of what tonight holds for her and it's so cute that she can finally be with the guy that she had wanted to be with for such a long time.

--------

The music was blasting and the people were going crazy. Some were grinding on the dance floor, others were making out - which was too explicit for everybody else who has to see that - and some were playing drinking games and making a fool of themselves.

I'm really not used to this but I'm doing it all for Becky, knowing that it will bring happiness to her. But if it were up to me, I probably would've stayed at home, stuff my face and watch some movies.

Oh, yeah. And my projects as well.

Sigh.

Okay, so I'd rather be here than there right now, just for that one reason.

I scanned through the crowd and I couldn't see any familiar faces as Becky walked beside me and did the same.

"Are you sure that this is only for college students?"

"Yeah," Becky informs me as I could see her wide grin already on her face. "Why are you asking?"

"I just haven't seen most of these people before."

"Maybe because the college is so big?"

Her conclusion comes out more like a question as she shrugs at me.

"Yeah, maybe."

In my mind I was thinking: "If this college were so 'big', I'd be able to live a happy life not bumping into people I'm anxiously trying to avoid."

--------

Eventually, Justin found his way to Becky and the two lovebirds went their separate ways to do their business.

I'm really happy that Justin can make her as happy as he does. But if he breaks her heart, I'll sure be breaking a part of him that he won't be able to use next time.