Chapter 26

Heated - Chapter 26

If someone had told me that I'd be sky diving I'd laugh at them and tell them that they're crazy. But just look at what happened...

I did it!

And the best part is that I done it with Harry by my side every step of the way. He was my support and safety all wrapped into one. I wouldn't have done it without him.

I love how every day I spend with him, the more of his personality I get to see. It's like a new little thing I find out about him and it's so exciting when I see how he lets his guard down around me. He doesn't put out much of his personality for everyone else to see. He only shows them what he chooses to let out.

I guess we're alike in that sense.

I woke up today feeling so happy inside and I just wanted to sing in happiness!

Until I remembered that I can't speak.

Yesterday I couldn't speak at all, but today my voice is raspy and huskier. I kinda like the husky voice, it sounds different and cool, but my Mom scolds me whenever I do try to speak and says that if I keep quiet, it will heal faster.

Today Becky and Justin came to surprise me with a check up on how I'm doing - at least I gave them my address. Unlike some people I won't mention.

CoughCoughHarryCough...

I knew it was going to be hard as hell not speaking with those two around. Especially when I want to tell Becky about everything that happened between Harry and I. Not to mention the yelling that I cannot do when Justin attempts to annoy me. Which I know for a fact will be happening.

He's honestly like those little brothers that keeps on pestering you and annoying you until your end. I don't know how Becky manages to keep up with him, but boy, she should get an award for that.

"So you seriously went sky diving?"

I nod excitedly at Becky as Justin was sat beside her on the edge of my bed. They both look amazed as their brows were lifted and mouths agape.

"You sure do have guts, don't you?" Justin speaks up in surprise. "I don't think I could ever do that. It's just too scary."

He gets the chills at the thought of it and I try so hard not to comment on that. It's the perfect opportunity for a witty remark!

"Oh, stop being such a wimp, Justin. If Paige can do it, why can't you?"

He furrows his brow at Becky as I could see how he was getting ready to spit something back. Some lame excuse, probably.

"If being a wimp is being safe and not risking my life by jumping out of a plane, then yes - I am a wimp."

I snort at Justin as I couldn't hold it back any longer. He sat there with his arms crossed and a satisfied look on his face due to his "amazing" reply.

"Glad that you've admitted it, babe."

Becky bites back and I give her a proud smile and slowly nod my head in satisfaction. I have taught her well.

Justin doesn't look as pleased by her remark as his gaze then falls onto me with his brow lifted.

"What are you smiling about?" He squints his eyes at me and I just shrug as I look up and anywhere but at him. I just couldn't wipe the grin off from my face. "Hey, is this you, Paige?"