Chapter 21

Heated - Chapter 21

I came home to very ecstatic faces smiling broadly at me. One especially with tears in her eyes. You already guessed it... My Mom.

My brother Alex was there as well. He wasn't with his girlfriend as he said he wanted to give all his attention to me, which I found quite sweet of him but I really wouldn't mind seeing April again. She's pretty cool to hang out with apart from all the other girlfriends that Alex had.

What surprised me even more was when I saw my childhood best friends standing in the living room as well. I did not expect to see Clark and Scarlett there. I felt so overwhelmed with so much love and happiness that I couldn't hold my emotions back anymore. This just reminds me of how much I actually did miss these guys.

All my favorite snacks were there including a delicious chocolate cake. They had a banner across the ceiling that read: "Welcome Home, Paige. We Missed You!"

If it were up to me, I wouldn't have let them throw a coming home party for me, but honestly, I'm so happy they did. This is just the happiest I've been just having all of them in the same place at once.

We all exchanged experiences and caught up with each other. I told Clark and Scarlett about all that I had gone through in these last few months of college and they were surprised to hear the events that have occurred. But what they did was far worse than me, it made me not feel as guilty anymore about my crazy experiences.

Eventually, after eating so much that we could barely get up from the sofa, the party had ended when the night broke out and Clark and Scarlett had to head home. I didn't want them to leave because I was having so much fun with them as we usually do, but I knew that they also had families to get home to.

After having an amazing night with my friends and family, I was now found in my room. I hadn't decorated it the way that I wanted it to be since everything was white, up until my bed. The only color that was there was the flowers that I had put there - fake ones of course, since I couldn't really look after them considering I'm almost never home - but I actually like the simplicity of it all. When I decided which room to take, I took the one with the balcony and what really stood out to me was the quote that was still on the wall that read: "Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life." When I saw those words I knew that I wanted that room for sure.

As I lied down onto my comfy bed, I shut my eyes to the sound of Ed Sheeran singing through my earphones. Nothing is more soothing than hearing his voice in your ears.

That guy is truly talented.

I was drifting away to a far land as I went to where the music was leading my mind as Photograph started playing. But before I could escape in the music, I felt a vibration in my jean. I took out my phone and saw who the message came from. The one and only...

Harry.

Suddenly, my heart just skipped a beat when I saw his name on my phone's screen. Why do I feel so nervous and excited at the same time?

I opened the message as it read:

[Harry:

You're mine, always. Xx

-H.]

Just reading those words made the wings of the butterflies inside of my stomach go crazy as I couldn't help but spread a silly grin across my face.