Chapter 38

Heated - Chapter 38

Harry and I are suddenly torn out of our make-out session as we are met by Gemma who practically knocked all the cups off from the table - luckily, they were only plastic cups.

I felt my cheeks heat up out of embarrassment as she looked at us in guilt as she was frozen on the spot.

"I'm really sorry, I just came in to get a drink and then I saw you two, you know..."

I clear my throat as I tuck my hair behind my ear before looking up at Harry through my lashes. As usual, Harry is nonchalant and completely comfortable about the whole incident as he brushes his hair out of his face.

"Don't act like you've never done it before, Gem. I still know what you did in the dark."

He teases her before she punches his arm as he walks past her, chuckling at her reaction to it.

"Just get out of here already." She huffs as she rolls her eyes at him and he ruffles her hair before she shoves him away. And obviously failing to make him move since he is so tall and masculine. "Sorry about that, brothers can be really annoying at times."

"Oh, you don't have to tell me that twice."

I agree with her one hundred percent on that as I experienced it firsthand regarding Alex. He can be a real pain in the ass at times, but at the end of the day you still love them and will beat up anyone who messes with them.

Even though I'm as harmless as a butterfly.

"Have you forgotten that I'm standing right here and can hear everything you're saying?"

Harry lifts his hands in disbelief at the two of us as we both giggle at him.

"We knew."

Gemma pokes her tongue out at him as he shakes his head at us before exiting to meet up with the rest of the crew inside that's doing who-knows-what. Well, if Justin's there, there's always some weird stuff happening.

"So, Paige." My attention is now on Gemma as she sits on the counter top opposite me as I lean against the one behind me. "You're the girl who my brother hasn't managed to stop talking about."

She smiles happily at me before she takes a sip from her drink.

"Well, I guess I am."

I feel myself turning red as I smile shyly over at Gemma whilst I fidget with my fingers.

"Let me tell you something, you're the first girl that Harry has ever spoken to me about. Ever!"

I lift my brows to her words as she looks over at me with those green eyes and a knowing smile.

"Really?"

I suddenly feel so happy inside. It feels really good to know you've been spoken about by the person who has your heart. Well, only if it's good things being spoken about though.

"Really." She winks over at me and smiles closed mouth with her dimples peaking out. "Honestly, Harry never speaks to me about anything! He's always been so ... private, I guess? But now that he's coming out with all these things about you, I am completely blown away. How did you do it?!"

I giggle over at her enthusiasm as her wide eyes are staring straight at me and her mouth slightly agape as she waits anxiously on my reply.

"I didn't even know I was doing anything! I was trying to avoid him most of the time, really."