Chapter 57

Heated - Chapter 37

Justin's P.O.V.

We were all sat in the waiting room; Becky, Alex, April and I, as Misses Greyson had told us that she's going to check up on Harry and see if he's alright.

I really don't believe that Harry would do something like that - he wouldn't intentionally endanger Paige's life that way.

Everybody was in their own state of sadness and shock as we sat there quietly; Becky was lying in my arms as I stared out into mid-air and thought about everything that's just happened.

I hope Paige makes it out alive. Even though we're not blood related, she still feels like my little sister that I should look out for when Alex is not around, and somehow, I feel as though I have let her down by not protecting her.

This feeling is a feeling of guilt and shame in myself.

"Are you all here for the accident that just happened an hour ago ," A voice quickly pushes us all out of our reverie as our attention is averted fully to the person in front of us. "The incident regarding a girl named Paige and a guy named Harry?"

He questions as he looks around and Becky sits up straight as we all look at this guy who looks very professional.

"Yes, we are."

Alex speaks up as the guy looks over at him with a small nod before taking something out of his jacket pocket and flashing it towards us.

"I'm detective Brighton and I'm here to investigate what exactly went on before the accident had occurred."

"Is there anything we can help you with, detective Brighton?"

Alex questions as he stands to his feet.

"Actually - yes. Who was the last person who spoke to Paige this evening?"

He scans through us curiously as we all look to one another.

Well, obviously, both Becky and I had seen her this evening, but Blake was the last one to have spoken to her. But since he isn't here yet, I think I'll make my presence known since I did  talk to her before she disappeared out of nowhere.

"Me."

I raise my hand and then quickly put it down as I realize that this is not a class.

"Can you come with me please?"

He questions me as I nod at him and look over at Becky whose eyes were wide and curious.

"This is almost like those C.S.I. movies that we watched-"

"Just go!"

She whispers through gritted teeth as she cuts me off from my fantasy.

I quickly stand up as I look over at detective Brighton with a smile, but he didn't reciprocate it.

Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

"And that's the last time I saw her."

I explained everything that happened tonight whilst I was in the presence of Paige. He just kept on nodding at me with his very intimidating persona that got me all nervous and shaky.

"You said she spoke to some guy, what was his name?"

"Daniel... I think."

I think on the guys' name as I scrunch my nose up and I suddenly see how he hovers over me with his hands on the sides of my stool as he stares down at me with those intense dark eyes.