Chapter 22

Heated - Chapter 22

Four amazing days has past, days that I truly won't forget spending with my Mom and Alex. We wandered around aimlessly to wherever we landed next. There was even a theater close-by at one point, but unfortunately, we couldn't go in as it was a full show. It sucked, but I know that there'll always be another time when I can see a live play ... Probably in a year or so. Hmph.

Well, at least I got to savor the fantastic moments with my family and that's all I could ever ask for.

Today I didn't feel like doing anything. All those days out has taken it's toll on me and the best way to past the time is with watching some of my favorite series on Netflix!

Can I get a whoop-whoop?!

No?... Ok.

I kept on telling myself: "One more episode and then I'll be done." But one more episode after that and I've made it through a whole series and I'm already at a second season of a new series. So yeah, it's pretty addictive. The only time I'd leave my laptop was when I had to use the bathroom - but only once I've held it in for so long that I couldn't keep it in for any longer... Too much information? Probably - and when I got hungry.

Alex watched with me for a while but he couldn't sit for longer than two episodes. The wuss. Besides, he stole all my snacks so I'm glad he went out of my room. My Mom on the other hand, hated the fact that I was sitting on my butt all day long and doing nothing, she kept pestering me to clean my room. She had told me twice and I know for a fact that if she says it again she's not going to be so kind about it. So eventually when push came to shove, I got my room cleaned up.

When you're having a lazy day, it's only right to pair it up with a lazy outfit as well. So today I have decided to wear a navy blue tank top, my gray sweat pants, pink socks, and I just tied my hair up into a messy bun. Usually, when I do actually put in the effort to make my messy bun look perfect, it always comes out weird looking. But on days like this, when I don't even try, it comes out exactly the way I wanted it.

I just don't get it.

When I completed my last season, I made my way downstairs to check if Alex is still here. Today was the day that he's heading back home to snuggle up to his girlfriend. At least that's what I want to imagine.

I lazily make my way downstairs as I stretch out my muscles from sitting in the same position this whole time.

"I can't believe that actually happened."

I hear my Mom's voice in the distance and she sounds surprised for some reason. I started to get curious as I was finally downstairs.

"I respect you for that man. I hope you look after my sister that way all the time when I'm not around." Huh? Who the hell is Alex talking to? I poke my head out into the kitchen as I hid my body behind the wall. Luckily, no one saw me standing there. Wait... Is that- "But I'm going to go now. Love you, Mom. Hope to see you again, Harry."

CRAP!!!

What the hell is Harry doing here?! How did he even find me?!

I run back and cautiously make my way upstairs, trying not to make a sound as I am now halfway up the stairs.

Is Harry some kind of psychotic mass murderer? Is he trying to lure me in with sweet words until he eventually kills me?!

I think I've watched too much series.