Chapter 53

Saving You

"The darkness takes him over, the sickness pulls him in; his eyes - a blown out candle, I wish to go with him. Someitmes I see a flicker - a light that shone from them; I hold him to me tightly, before he's gone again."

-Lang Leav

Heated - Chapter 53

It was pure beauty - a castle-like feature with its bricked walls, golden curtains that are draped so high until it touches the golden marbled floors. The chandeliers hung from the ceiling in a beautiful manner as it lightened the way and gave the atmosphere that mid-centuries feeling.

It's beyond anything I've ever been witness of before and I didn't even expect anything as fancy as this.

I was standing at the table filled with little snacks and my favorite velvet cupcakes that had little pink bows made out of frosting on the top.

They really went all out for this, didn't they?

You're probably wondering why I'm on my own, well... Harry would have picked me up, but he had to do some work here with the professors. And for Becky and Justin? Well, they couldn't keep their hands off of each other and as soon as we entered this place, they said that they're just going to "check something out".

More like check each others' bodies out in a private room.

I'm just glad that they actually have a room this time and aren't doing any public displays of affection and embarrassing me in the process.

But I have to admit, I do feel a little uncomfortable standing on my own, but at least I had my mask on that hid my face so no one would know who I am... I think.

Just as I was finished eating the velvet cupcake, I felt this weird presence in the room, the same one that I felt that night on the rooftop.

My heart races as I scan through the crowd, but it's even worse now because I can't even make out who is who.

"Looking for me?"

I hear that creepy voice in my ear as I quickly turn around to a black, evil looking mask that had icy blue eyes held behind it.

It's him.

"W-what are you-"

"What am I doing here?" He chuckles as he steps closer and I gulp out of fear as my heart beat increases and I'm holding my breath. "You'll find out later, gorgeous."

He tries to touch my chin, but I quickly swat his hand away as I step back and he looks amused by my reaction to it.

"You're not going to get away with anything, Daniel."

"Why? Because you're going to tell your little boyfriend about me?"

How did he know?

"I might."

I try to act brave as I hold my chest out and keep my head high.

"You better not if you know what's good for you!"

He grabs my arm into his hand as he tightens his grip onto it and threatens me through gritted teeth as the pain in my arm sharpens.

"Stop it! You're hurting me!"

I try to push him off as he eventually shoves me back and I rub the spot that he had so roughly mishandled.

"That's just a taste of the pain you will feel tonight, Paige."