Chapter 44

"A promise

I love you -- I do. You have my word. You have all my words."

- Lang leav

Heated - Chapter 44

[28 Messages From Mom]

[20 Missed Calls From Mom]

"Crap."

"What's wrong?"

Harry questions me as those text and missed calls scares the living day lights out of me. 

"My Mom is going to kill me as soon as I get home. I just know it! I've got like fifty texts and phone calls from her and what makes it even worse; is that I didn't even reply to them."

I bite my lip as I just threw my phone into my bag, not wanting to obsess over it, even though I'm going to have to face her soon enough.

"I told you that I'd take care of it, so stop worrying, okay?"

I huff in worry as I just can't stop worrying, but I'll try for the sake of Harry and that gorgeous smile he displays for me. 

"Okay."

I smile over at him as his eyes are once again on the road as he drives me back home. 

All of a sudden, I get this weird feeling that something bad is going to happen. I usually get these gut feelings and most of the time they're right. 

"Something bothering you?"

Harry questions me as I look back up at him and he notices the worry on my face as my smile fades. 

"Uh-h... It's probably nothing."

I shrug at him as he furrows his brow at me and then places his hand onto mine. 

"Whatever it is that is bothering you, just know that everything is going to be alright. I'm going to be here for you no matter what, I promise."

He squeezes onto my hand as it makes me feel better just hearing those words coming out of his mouth as I hold his hand with both of mine. His dimple pokes out as his eyes hold the utmost love and I am so lucky to have someone like Harry. I wouldn't change him for the world. 

"Just let me do the talking, okay?"

I nod frantically at Harry as we are currently stood on my front porch and my heart trembles at how my Mom is going to react to all of this.