Chapter 59

Your tears

"Warm and wet, streaks down cheeks. Crystalized eyes, quivering lips; you were shattered in tragedy that no one deserves to taste. And in that moment, I would have held you infinitely."

- Chrissie Pinney

Heated - Chapter 59

Becky's P.O.V

It's 02:54am and we were all sat at Paige's bedside, making sure that she is alright. At least this time they let us sit inside with her instead of worrying outside of the room.

I was worried about Paige, worried if she would ever wake up.

My head was lied on Justin's chest as my eyes grew heavy. It's been a hectic night and it's really gotten to me. Maybe because of all the tears that has been shed. Maybe because of all the worry.

Blake and Holly had also come over to check on Paige. Blake obviously wanted to know where Harry was at, so we told him. He was worried about Harry, so he decided to go and check with him at the prison. Holly couldn't stay for long because she had a big test coming up tomorrow - today, technically. It was understandable, although she didn't want to leave, we understood her situation.

April also had work in the morning and her boss would freak out if she came late another day, so now it's just Alex, Justin and I in the hospital.

We were all pretty tired and dozing off to the sound of the beeping machines that are linked to Paige as she lied silently in the hospital bed.

It hurt me to see her this way, I just hope that she makes it out healthy, like the way she was before.

Just as my eyes were about to shut close, I suddenly got fully awoken by Justin's ringtone.

"MY ANACONDA DON'T!"

He shuffles as he tries to get his phone out of his pocket.

"Nice ringtone you've got there, Justin."

Alex laughs over at him as I couldn't help but to do the same.

"Really, Justin? I didn't know that you were a Nicki fan."

He groans as he starts cussing under his breath.

"I'm so going to kill Thomas for this!"

Justin doesn't look amused as Thomas - he's younger brother who's ten years old now - has pranked him once again.

He just loves messing around with Justin and it's the funniest thing ever to see Justin getting annoyed at it.

"Hello?"

He answers the phone as he waits for the other person to reply. "Detective Brighton?" He looks over at me in confusion and I can't lie; I was just as baffled by this. Maybe he has some information on the case. "How did you-" He got cut off as he listens attentively to every word that is being said. I wait anxiously for him to end the phone call so that we can know what's going on. Alex was also as intrigued by what news the detective has for us. "What?!" He runs his hands through his head of hair before getting onto his feet and pacing the room. Alex and I stare at each other as we are both confused about what's going on, but it seems serious. "Oh my god, okay... I'll be right over."

He puts the phone off as Alex gets up to his feet and I follow after.

"What's going on?"

Alex questions as Justin is staring at his phone in his hand as he looks like his mind is running on overload.

"Do you want the good news or the bad news first?"