Chapter 43

"She buried her ears into the calm of his heartbeat, and in a matter of seconds: fell terribly in love with the way her loneliness fell softly and suddenly, asleep, in his chest."

- Christopher Poindexter

Heated - Chapter 43

I have slept better than I have in days and that's all because of the events of yesterday and the new hope that flourishes today.

I remember falling asleep on Harry's chest and to be that close to your lover is a feeling indescribable. Just falling asleep in his arms and waking up to him is something I want to do for the rest of my life. 

Just having him close is happiness in its' own.

Speaking about waking up to Harry, I touch the side of the bed where he was located only to find that all that is felt are sheets and no Harry. 

I furrow my brow as I open my eyes, but before I could open them fully, I am burned by the ray of the sun that shines through the curtains. 

I quickly close my eyes before attempting to open them once more. 

He wasn't there. Where could he have gone?

He's probably in the bathroom. 

I stretch out my muscles as I take a look around me and man, this place is truly gorgeous in the day of light. 

I jump out of bed with the realization that I'm still wearing his shirt. It fell down to the middle of my thighs and it kinda made me feel attractive, even if I have to say so myself. 

The thought brings a smile to my face as I think on how truly amazing this guy is and really so thoughtful as to ask me to stay, knowing that I'll be lonely if I had left to sleep in an empty home all by myself.

I walk over to the bathroom as I knock on the door. 

"Harry?"

I call out, but I get no answer. 

I didn't want to just barge in, but I wanted to know if he was there. Besides, it's not like I'm going to see anything that I haven't already seen last night. 

The thought makes my cheeks heat and a silly smile form onto my lips. 

As I carefully walk inside, I notice that there is no one there, but this bathroom is truly beautiful with it's white marbled walls and tiles. As I admired the room, something caught my eye and I almost jumped at the sight of my own reflection in the mirror. 

"He can't see me like this!"

I freak out as my eyes looks like a freaking raccoons'. I quickly wipe the mascara/ eye pencil from under my eyes as it looks semi-decent now. 

That's when I remembered; morning breath!

I can't speak to him like that!

 I look around and notice the bottle of mouthwash lying on the side of the sink. 

He won't mind, right?

I quickly rinse my mouth out with some as I am satisfied with myself, until I realize the birds nest on my head. 

"For crying out loud!"