Chapter 10

The next day the little ghost heard his door being knocked but he didn't stir or give any sign that he woke up, he just curled himself up hiding in those fluffy blankets making him invisible

Jungkook waited for the boy but left assuming that he might be sleeping from all the fatigue and it was expected since the boy was fragile and from past couple of days he noticed how worn out the little one looked. Only if he would've bothered to take few more steps and take a look at the boy himself he would've known that the boy was almost at his brink fighting for himself. 

Jungkook went to his office, today was their last field visit and he was relieved since he will have more time, not having to deal with Ella who is being annoying these days, and tomorrow he decided to visit Jin's brother in the hospital, so yes he was happy that it was their last visit before all the departments will start woking completely on this project, and he would have normal office routine back to himself.

He sighed and parked his car in the basement, ready to get done with this day which seemed more dull today as his little one was not accompanying him. 

On the other hand, the ghost boy felt loneliness gnawing his heart, he was not sure what did he even want, he felt so lost. Was this his punishment?

Only if he remembered his past he would've fulfilled his purpose and went into nothingness but here he was cursed to feel everything without having a physical existence which held him back from expressing how messed up and how miserable he felt. 

Only if he was numb towards feelings. He was staring at the sky which had sun shining over the now active world going on with their life, here he was still as he could be, he won't be doing any different as he was the invisible one among them.

His eyes were all red and puffy, they were burning due to the all crying, he was biting his lips to stop them from trembling, fisting on the sheets. He didn't want to cry anymore but he couldn't help his fragile heart which was feeling everything by itself which he couldn't control. 

He should talk to Jungkook tomorrow when his field trips end and he would have time enough for him to listen how he is feeling.

Yes, he can skip his confession towards the elder which sounded stupid but he can let him know he was feeling emotionally vulnerable and his physical state wasn't helping it at all. He needed comfort from the elder; he knew very well that he won't be rejected and will get a much needed hug.

The day passed very slowly for Jungkook as he couldn't see the younger in his office. It became a habit from past months as the little soul accompanied him and stayed him all the time.

He knew he didn't even get time to talk properly with the very energetic boy past few days so he decided he can take the boy out tomorrow somewhere or they can watch a movie at home together. He was satisfied with his plan since he wanted to hold younger closer.