Chapter 20

The hall was silent, a silence that makes you fear what is going to happen, the fear that creeps up due to the uncertainty, the dread of the unknown that is waiting for you on the other side

The hall was silent, a silence that makes you fear what is going to happen, the fear that creeps up due to the uncertainty, the dread of the unknown that is waiting for you on the other side. His footsteps were firm and loud with each of them sounding like an echo in his own head. But all of the sounds were still low than his own heart, the sound in his chest was so loud that it was ringing in his ear as if it would come out of his chest with the intensity and force it was pounding against his rib cage.

He knew this would happen sooner or later but you can never be prepared, never enough to meet the head of Seoul Precinct himself. It was a few days ago that he received a call from someone introducing himself named Jackman or something, he was not very sure. 

He was shocked when he heard where the person was calling from. He was not someone who got tangled with police or detectives in any circumstances. He was as model as a citizen could be when it came to following rules but when he heard his presence was requested, that too to keep this information to himself, he didn't know what to expect. He wasn't even sure how he was involved in this whole mess. 

Or maybe he had a hunch, a smaller part of the guilt that he carried in his heart was warning him all this time.

He saw the room number with name and designation, reading them carefully, and he proceeded to knock on the door which his shaky hands. He was not guilty of what he did and what he didn't later, but he knew he wasn't innocent either. 

He heard someone permitting him to enter the room, a voice quite different from the person who called. But now there was no turning back, not that he wants to. He entered to meet a tall and built person who was quite young to be the head of the precinct. And if he was, was he related to someone from the corrupt officer and got to this position at such a young age, in that case, was he going to carry the burden of guilt within himself? And for how long?

"Hello Mr. Park, I am Kim Namjoon, head of Seoul Precinct", the young man, Mr. Kim introduced himself with a small but welcoming smile making him let out the breath he was holding.

"Hello Mr. Kim, I am Park Jimin", he introduced himself, although he was quite sure that Mr. Kim knew much more about him.

Namjoon guided Jimin to a chair placed across his own seat at his desk that was very much organized but still piled up with files. Were these all cases they got in a day, that will be a lot. He took a seat and someone came in to place a glass of water for him.

"Would you like some tea or coffee?" the person asked.

Jimin knew he had to calm his nerves and what's better than a warm cup of tea? 

"I would like a cup of warm tea if that's not a lot of trouble", he requested politely, the stranger smiled and said 'sure' and quietly walked out of the cabin.