Chapter 19

"You look deep in your thoughts", Jungkook heard his father's voice bringing him out of his unwelcomed thoughts much to his relief

"No, I was just looking around, it feels very serene here", he tried to dodge the question by mentioning something his father would love to talk about.

He saw his father looking at him suspiciously but decided to go with the flow talking about the countryside.

"Your mom is still not convinced that I was speaking the truth when I said its peaceful living here. She was insistent on her argument that I was an old grumpy man who didn't like social life", making Jungkook chuckle, his mom would've toatlly said that.

"Don't laugh young man, I would love to see your reaction when your partner accuses you of being old just because you like a little peace and not go around into sophisticated parties they have pretending to be all cheerful and friendly when none of them mean it, seriously I sometimes don't understand women", he said shaking his head making Jungkook chuckle.

"Well, then I will take a man for a partner, simple as that", he said jokingly but he glanced at younger who had pink tinted on his cheeks a bit letting him know that even though his fluffball was leaning on him comfortably, he was still listening to their conversation.

"Whoever makes you happy son", his father glanced a him, he proceeded to put few dry tea petals still preserved with its lively colour and started pouring now well blended tea that was boiling with a slight tint of golden colour in the transparent kettle after shutting it off.

Jungkook slid the cup a bit to his side, sneakily caressing younger's hands to let him know about the tea being served by bending down a bit.

"So, what makes you decide that you wanted to spend time here and pick strawberries on top of that?", his father eyed him with curiosity and amusement laced in his tone making Jungkook take his own cup and sip on the very hot tea nervously.

"Contrary to what Mom believes, I do believe that our hometown is beautiful and serene. It was just hectic last few weeks, I recently finalised a new project and just wanted to breathe fresh air and get away from routine", he admitted, though he would've preferred to spend time with the younger, he knew it was a good idea. Also, he wanted to let younger see what his childhood home looks like and get a change of routine, away from his apartment where he spends all of his time working his cute little head overthinking.

"Well, I hope you are taking care of your health though, I wish you visited me often so that I can have some time with my son", his father complained in a very indifferent tone which Jungkook knew was anything but indifferent.