Chapter 31

Namjoon returned back to Seoul Sunday night, avoiding any suspicions very smoothly

Meanwhile, Jin decided to stay the night in a hotel nearby and headed to Seoul the next day and dropped off directly to office; whereas Jungkook ended up staying there for two more days when his aunt and uncle requested to be there if anything went down with Jiyeon as she was still in a vulnerable state after going through the trauma repeatedly in the course of two days, finally giving her full testimony to Namjoon in the presence of her therapist, of course.

To say that was the only reason for him to stay in Busan would be a lie. He was dealing with the aftermath, the emotions and confusion; a whole storm of emotions brewing inside him after learning what had actually happened to Jiyeon and his soulmate.

One of the days he decided to check the tattoo which was too light to be seen on the back of his neck, but he could still see the initials KTH imprinted, which now made sense, it was indeed Kim Taehyung.

He was not ready to face his emotions because he will eventually have to come to a conclusion, a decision which would involve his soulmate and of course, the love of his life, the cute fluffball who has been the centre of his world for the past several months.

Jungkook needed some time, he didn't want to think about any of this right now, but like everyone else, he couldn't turn his emotions off just because he wanted to. And he was struggling to handle them right now, so he decided to better stay in Busan for a couple of days and then go back to Seoul.

─── *✧・゚: *✧・゚: ──

Meanwhile, on the other side of the country, in a quiet apartment located in Seoul, a young boy was waiting for his boyfriend to come back home. He was sure that he would be coming back on Monday but he didn't know exactly when it would be.

Late in the evening, he had fallen asleep, losing himself into another painful hour of nightmare leading to a pain he wasn't sure the reason as to why that was happening so frequently these days. He was having fevers and cold sweats every night which wasn't helping his body at all. He was feeling unreasonably exhausted everyday, and it was getting worse with time.

He wasn't sure how to bring it up to Jungkook but he knew he had to do it. If something goes wrong Jungkook should at least know what would've caused it. It wasn't easy but something that needed to be done. He wasn't the only one in the relationship or whatever it was, but he wanted to be honest with Jungkook.

The winter season was almost here, the dark cold weather was almost like this ominous cloud hanging above his head. He wanted to just let it go and not think about it but he had this feeling which made him almost sure that a storm was coming and it was going to swallow him up.