Chapter 11

The weather was good today, the vast and endless sky with its blue colour can be seen with few fluffy clouds floating around like messily arranged cotton balls

The weather was good today, the vast and endless sky with its blue colour can be seen with few fluffy clouds floating around like messily arranged cotton balls. The detective was looking at the sky still drowned in his own thoughts that were all over the place.

Kim Namjoon, the head detective of the Seoul precinct was a respected detective and was known for his sharp intuitions, deductions, highly intelligent brain and eidetic memory. He was young compared to any other officer that had the same authority in the law enforcement but everybody approved of him since they know how good he was at his job and being honest and professional were cherry to top everything he had to offer.

But some of them disliked him on how strict and motivated he was, but to put it right, they were envious. Nobody hated him, he was dedicated which his co-workers as well as seniors have witnessed as well. Although he wasn't aware of any of the thing, he was just so focused on his work. Like, right now.

He spent all night working on the evidence they got from the crime scene and worked it out in a single night, he turned around to see if he was late, only to realise that another day brightened the sky up before he knew. He believed that if you look at the sky for few minutes of your day, it gives you positive energy clearing your thoughts. But today even though he was looking at it, his mind went back to the case which never left his mind.

He was brought back to reality after hearing few knocks, he sighed rubbing his face with his hands to get rid of the tiredness. He fixed his posture and put his glasses back on, allowing the person on the other side to enter only to see his subordinate Jackson Wang. He went back to his relaxed posture now that he know it's just him.

Being young and successful comes with notorious people who try to point out any ridiculously made-up flaws which he tried to avoid. The things he hates were workplace politics and moral compromise for own benefit, basically corruption of any kind.

"Seems like you had another night with your lovely cases", stated Jackson who after seeing the head detective knew it, the scene was same for most of the time just another day.

Namjoon liked Jackson, he was one of his trusted subordinates and he accompanies him everywhere when working on a case. Jackson, although playful is very unbiased and thorough one, best in his field.

"Yes, I just worked on the robbery case, I listed up the suspects, we just need to contact them one by one and get their statements", he answered. This robbery case was tricky but if Namjoon was right it was very simple if looked from other perspective. He just needed statements and it will be easy to get this one solved.

"We just got that few days ago and if I am right I sent the file for the evidence photos and details along with lab results a couple of days ago?", it was more of a question to himself and his voice contained hint of surprise, he knows its the ace of the precinct but he cannot help but show his surprise every time something like this happens.