Chapter 30

It was a week later on a weekend that Jin and Jungkook along with detective Namjoon decided to take a trip down to Busan to finally visit his cousin sister

His aunt and uncle were informed after Jungkook met Jin at the hotel, to convince them and give them a heads up. Thankfully, they trusted Jungkook's decision and intentions so it didn't take too long for them to agree.

But it was a harder for Jungkook to bring up the topic to Jiyeon. She was not willing to talk to her therapist about the incident but when Jungkook mentioned about the call from detectives and filled her in with what was happening, she had agreed.

Jungkook then coordinated with detective Namjoon and Jin to work out the timings and detective Namjoon was quick to act since none of them wanted Jiyeon to bounce back into her shell and cancel if they scheduled it any later than that.

Jiyeon was not in a very great condition, her health has deteriorated since the incident and it was evident the way her eyes had dark circles, and her skin looked pale. She looked so mature and way older than she actually was. The survivor's guilt was eating her from inside.

The session had started ten minutes ago, Dr. Lee and Jiyeon were sitting in the room, wheras, detective Namjoon, Jungkook and Jin were sitting in a separate room where they could see and hear Jiyeon clearly. The whole conversation was to be recorded.

"I am glad to have you back. How have you been Ms. Jiyeon?", the doctor asked with a kidn voice and soft encouraging smile which prompted Jiyeon to look down at her idle fingers.

"Good, I have been good", she replied avoiding any kind of eye contant.

"You have missed a couple of therapies we scheduled, would you like to share if there was something that was bothering you?"

"No, I have been busy", she glanced at the lady sitting across from her then averting her gaze to look at a vase that was sitting on the side.

"Oh! That's good to hear. But I hope you have been informed why you are here with me today Ms. Jiyeon", the doctor asked in a soft sympathetic voice making her nod still looking at the vase.

"Do you want me to start with what we want to know or would you like to tell from your perspective?"

"I--- I don't know", her voice shook with emotions.

It was overwhelming, and the fear of living the night all over again in itself was terrible. But she was determined to try.

"Take your time and make yourself comfortable, we are here for you and there's nothing to worry about", the doctor assured her and motioned her towards water, to take a sip if she wanted to. To relax and take her time.