Sea Serpent

The dragon was getting closer and closer until it landed in front of me

The dragon was getting closer and closer until it landed in front of me. Upon landing, the ground trembled and I was still looking at the dragon with awe. If this dragon is the boss of this floor, I don't stand a chance. If I try to escape, I don't even know if I can. When its gaze meet mine, I felt cold but at the same time relaxed.

"What brings you here, to the vast lands, my child?" There wasn't any hostility nor ill intent. He was genuinely interested. Because of his relaxing voice, I let my guard down.

"I came here to kill someone," I said straightforwardly. He had a confused look but lowered his head." Did you, by any chance come here to kill the one who created this vast land? Very brave act, child." Did he chuckle a little?

"But to your luck, the one who created this was killed by me." The dragon raised his head and looked back.

"Who are you?" I tried to confirm if it was a dragon.

"I am a God, my child." His tone was correcting my suspicions."To be more accurate, I am the God of the Sky."

"Woah." I couldn't hide my amazement as he chuckled.

"Make him your shadow soldier" A disturbing voice reached me.

Sudden pain in my head made me stumble a little. What is this stupid nonsense? It was not like that one while I had broken the core. This voice was much more different than him. It was disturbing, unsettling, and was giving me anxiety.

"Is everything alright?" His face was filled with confusion.

"I am alright." I chuckled a little to make the atmosphere light.

[Defeated Boss of the second floor:Drought Beast]

[Boss Loot:Obsidian Bones]

Description:Hard bones used for Weapons or Artifacts. It is durable enough to even melting of lava.

'This could be useful.' I thought to myself before gripping the bones and putting them in an empty pocket.

"Well, the kid I suppose you are busy." He looked at my pockets.

"Well, I have to finish some important business," I told while scratching my hair.

"Where are you from?" He asked, with patience.

I wanted to tell her the truth."I came from Dicathen." But his face changed." Dicathen huh?" Was he familiar with Dicathen?

"Strange place..." Oh, he doesn't know. I felt relieved as I left a sigh.

"You are surprisingly interesting, you know? Both light and darkness are residing inside you. I didn't meet anyone this interesting in all of my life. So, let me give you a gift that will help you." He said while pressing his snout against my chest.

I suddenly felt a sharp pain in a split second. I grabbed my chest but the pain was gone. I looked at my chest and saw the faint spiral blue light.

"What is it?" I said to the dragon.

"Just a little percent of my power. It will help you channel mana into your mana veins." He told while slowly starting to clap his wings.

"But how?" I screamed because it was now getting louder because of the wings.

"It will happen itself. You don't need to force everything." The dragon, not God started flapping his wings. Dust and dirt started rising until he was now in the air.

"Good luck, my child." He said while rising more and more.

I just looked after him while he was getting out of my sight. After a while, he disappeared. It was fascinating. I could look at him for hours. But I have a quest to complete.

[Teleporting to the third floor]

I felt the same sensation again and appeared on the third floor. But I was now at the shore. After licking my dry lips to make them humid, I felt the sea breeze was a little salty. Was it now sea level? I didn't even need to answer my question because the answer appeared out of the sea. A serpent as tall as King's castle rises from the sea. His split eyes looked directly at me while hissing. I directed my gaze at him through blue reptilian skin.

[Boss of the third floor:Sea Serpent]

Seas serpent:3200/3200

I could see his two fangs while he was screeching at me. I readied my stance and waited for him to come. But he waited patiently for me at the sea. So this is how you play huh?

I started floating and floating until stopping over the serpent's head. He looked at me quickly and tried to spit venom but I evaded it. Suddenly he dived into the sea and disappeared. I didn't go after him and waited for him to show. But he didn't show. I was growing impatient as I summoned my sword and aimed at where he dived. With my raw strength and mana-clad arm, I threw my sword like a spear toward the sea. After piercing the sea, I could see my sword's path. After a while the hole my sword opened closed my water.

But he didn't come again. I cursed at him and waited for a little. Did he know he doesn't have to fight me? Or did he screech at me to make me angry? If his goal was making me angry, he nailed it.

When I looked at the sea, I saw countless of dots coming closed. Are they his minions? After they came closer to the surface, they started jumping up, trying to reach me. They were really looking like him but smaller.

I saw a small serpent trying to chomp my feet while I was rising a little high. After that little snake, millions of snakes started rising, swarming toward me.

"Playing dirty huh?" I raised the pressure of the air as all the snakes started falling into the sea.

"It is enough," I said while trying to create the attack I imagined in my head. I raised my hand to the sky.

I felt my chest burn a little as the spiral started glowing blue a little. Cloud started clearing or making a way for something big, and enormous.

A 50 meters sword created from mana started descending slowly.

"Woah, it should take a toll on my mana reserves."

Mp:5750/6000

I swung my hand down at rapid speed. The sword went behind me to the sea at incredible speed and after touching the sea, it made a giant hole in the sea while making the serpent appear. He was looking at the sword while frozen. He tried to move but he couldn't. Because I trapped him in my barrier. He desperately tried to escape the barrier but it was sturdy and cannot be moved until I make it.

I waited and waited and made the barrier disappear while the sword made contact with serpent's head and only thing I could see was explosion.

[Defeated Boss of the third floor: Sea Serpent]

[Boss loot: Serpent's eye]

Description:Boosts Player's water affinity.