New Zone

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing the dead aether monster lying dead with my spear on top of its head.

I slowly got up but felt a little bit sore. I think I got my rib and left shoulder destroyed but my body got regenerated huh?

The air was filled with aether as expected. I went near the corpse and placed my hand.

I could feel all the aether get sucked by my hand and spread through my dragonic body.

This place is full of mysterious beings that coexist with aether. And I am a being that can't control aether.

I must find a way to harness the power of aether.

9.5%

I couldn't feel my body changing so the aether inside its body must be finished, or my body craves for more aether.

After feeling satisfied, I ripped my bone spear out of its deformed head.

I searched the cave much more and in one of the rooms, there were four eggs and crystals surrounding them, acting as a nest.

This room was full of aether particles too. I was feeling hungry for the aether in this room

Hungry? Just because I absorbed aether, my body now recognizes aether as food.

And this creates questions in my head. Can every asura use aether, or...

No, The third-eyed asura I met in Dicathen, or with the simple name Aldir, I think he wasn't able to work with Aether that much.

Ugh, I had no information about these asuras.

Shaking my has I reached for the eggs. I placed my hands and absorbed aether one by one.

After finishing the last egg, a sudden rush of pain made me flinch a little. But soon the pain got even more unimaginable and made me fall to the ground on my arms.

I grasped my chest, heaving for more air, but instead, I puked some water to the ground. I clenched my teeth trying to bear the pain by trying to channel the remaining mana to my body.

I felt a little better but the mana channeling my body erupted and scattered around making little cracks on the walls.

After that, the pain started regaining control and my eyes darkened. I fell to the ground on my back and the pain suddenly went just like how it came.

10.25%

I was feeling like crap. I wiped my mouth and stood up. I was feeling lighter.

I clenched my fist two or three times to adjust to the chances.

The most different thing was before I was seeing aether particles blurry but this time they were more clear.

I searched this room a little and saw equipment inside the purplish crystals. I placed my hands on them and felt absorbing them.

It wasn't effective as before.

10.58%

The aether crystals lost their purple light and crumbled, revealing the gears.

These gears must belong to the people that became its food.

I picked bone spear from the ground and now the aether around it was revealed to my eyes. But with the weapons on the ground, there wasn't even a single particle on them.

I only took a bag, and leather clothes to change my tattered ones. I suddenly noticed that my hand was a little white. I got confused, was it always like that, or changed now?