To The Guardian

"Tri-layer circle formation!" someone roared but there was a hesitant look on their faces.

"Now!" The same voice rang, but this time people surrounded one person.

"These carallians are different!"

So their names are carallians. Because I was away from them, I couldn't risk myself to go there. I stomped carallian's face not giving him space to crawl out as I pierced his head.

Aside from me, three people were fighting alone too. Dozens of them were coming toward me because I was alone.

I ducked down and impaled impatient carallian's head coming toward me first. The spear was sharper than before, or my body got so strong.

I pierced another heas and elbow stroke the one trying to sneak on me.

I was feeling different. I got lighter and now this is exciting.

I punched the one coming toward me from my side. My punch made him crash to the ground but gave me a huge gash on my face.

I didn't mind the warm liquid pouring down on my face changing the taste in my mouth.

I slide down to change my location and slice the guts of the carallians that were blocking me, blood spilling in me.

I quickly got up trying to search for more. But now they were avoiding me.

I kicked the one still trying to sneak on me by jumping. I could hear its jaw crack.

While fighting the remaining carallians I stomped a corpse by mistake. Glancing at the corpse I saw it was an alacyran's corpse.

Are they enemies? They look just like us, using the same spells we also look the same. But why waging a war against us? What is the benefit they will get from it?

Unless more things are hidden. Like higher-ups.

Suddenly I saw Helios in my mind again. On that horrific day, the always smiling, joking person with shining eyes was standing in front of me with hollowed eyes, and pale skin ready to obey the enemy.

I can't forget it even when I try to sleep. That face... Then why I was avoiding these people if my hatred is towards scythes and that damned asura Agrona Vritra?

No, they still killed people, innocent people.

I thought I made up my mind but it was drifting to more deeper.

As I impaled the carallian trying to escape from me, the sky got clear just like before.

I looked around, making up my mind and going to the most normal-looking brown-haired guy that was near other alacyrans.

"Hey." I tried to sound friendly but when he turned his head toward me he jerked back.

"Y-yes?" He was a little taken aback by my sudden appearance.

"I'm sorry but how long until we reach that red orb?" I tried to wipe the blood but it was already dried in my face.

"It’s about another day’s worth at the pace we’ve been moving, and that’s not including the time it’d take to fight another wave or two." He was getting more comfortable as he talked.

"Thank you." Should I speed things up? I still have to leave this place fast and learn about Alacyra.

I made up my mind. I will fasten things up. I channeled mana to my legs and tried to run past other people but.

"Hey, where do you think going?" A feminine voice cried among the other Alacyrans. "After causing this much trouble, do you think you can escape this easily?" I didn't like her tone.

"Five ascenders died in this wave! You should stay here and protect us!"

"That is their problem, not mine." I calmly answered." You can't be held me responsible for their carelessness." My icy gaze pierced hers.

But others were agreeing with her by nodding. Suddenly another voice interrupted.

"Even if he leaves, a part of the wave will follow after him and if he dies, the carallians will revert to their previous form. Where exactly does the problem lie?"

I looked and saw it was the girl I saved. What was her name?

The murmur was getting on my nerves. I channeled mana to my legs, the pressure making cracks under me. Hmm, more bait more chance...

"If you also wish to complete faster, feel free to follow me."

"Wait! I have a suggestion!" the same brown-haired girl stood in front of me.

"Going like this will deplete our mana source and when we reach the guardian we all will be killed before doing anything."

She was right. I don't know if I will have the chance to replenish my mana."So, what do you suggest?"

"I have a way that allows all of us to travel while the burden of mana usage falls solely on Orid and myself. We will get everyone there in top condition at the fastest possible speed only if our safety is prioritized."

"Alright." this was more than enough. I could also replenish my mana too.

The brown-haired girl whipped her head around, her large eyes glimmering as she smiled. "Great!"

I thought that she would teleport all of us there instantly but instead, I was greeted by a sled, conjured by ice. Wait, wait I was dumb. How can someone specialize in teleportation magic? It is not a common thing.

"I've condensed the ice several times so it’s sturdier than it looks. I got the overall structure shape from the oceanriders and I’ve tested it several times myself," said the girl with a hint of pride.

I looked around and saw others looking at me, wanting me to first jump on it.

Well, not wasting any time I jumped on the sled making sure it doesn't shake when I land.

...

The sled was moving with two wind spells and with one ice spell, she was preventing the sled from melting away and repairing damaged pieces.

And her companion Oldir was smoothing the dirt ground, also flattening little obstacles.

I was sitting at the back right replenishing my mana. After that, I opened my eyes rummaging through my bag.

The dagger I took from the cave. I couldn't examine it before but now looking closely there was a hexagon shape just a little above the handle.

I got distracted when I saw a shadow over my head. I looked up and saw her crimson-red eyes fixated on the white dagger.

"Why my brother's dagger is in your hand?" Her hands moved towards the dagger in my hands slowly.

I knew that talking more is going to bring trouble so I gave the dagger to her.

"I didn't know it was your brother's" I saw her lost in thoughts 
checking the dagger.

I sighed looking at the clear sky. I wonder when we will reach?

"You didn't answer my question." Now her eyes met mine.

"What about trading questions?" I asked her and she nodded.

I heard ascender, Relictombs, and convergence words from the others talking.

Now, the questions I gave can change my future if I leave this place.

So I should be careful with this alacyran who seems like a noble blood from these lands.