Sweet Time

"So, Haedrig I have to say this is my first ascend."

"Oh, really? Then you must be promising because of the mana you are leaking." Did his lips curve upwards or was I imagining things?"Finding part can be hard but if we are lucky we will find one in no time."

Suddenly the green-haired man disappeared into the crowd, leaving me alone. Looks professional. 

I went in and started searching for teammates.

"Hey, do you want to join our party? We need a striker..." In a seductive tone, she tried to touch me but I dodged her, said thanks and continued. Hugh, disgusting.

this one looks scared, this one looks like he will betray me, and this group is only full off girls with no strategy. This is really taking up more time.

Suddenly someone bumped into me and when I looked I saw Haedrig."I found a group."

Nice! I followed Haedrig through the crowd until he stopped. The party he suggested had 2 males and 2 females. 

"Talon, this guy here is my friend and this is his preliminary ascend. Can you help us?" Haedrig asked the person in his 30s with a pretty big build, ash-coloured hair reaching his shoulders, armour covered with few runes and a golden handle rune spear in his right hand. Looks intimidating. He must be a striker.

Upon closer inspection, the other male beside him had red hair and normal armour with no runes, with dual blades engraved with runes.

"Talon, we only needed a shield because of you two being strikers but from the looks of it they are also strikers!" A girl relatively young began protesting while glaring at us. She had a brown ponytail and wore a battle outfit with no weapon. 

 "Ruby, but finding a shield will consume us so much time. going with four strikers will make our job easier." Talon said with a calm voice." Haedrig, isn't your friend going to use any equipment or a weapon?"

"Oh, I have my armour." I placed my hand on my chest and showed them that I had a little gap between my hand and my chest.

"Interesting, now I know we will not be held back." With a little laugh, he patted my shoulder.

...

"Talon of Blood Vessera, Akara of Blood Vale, Ruby of Blood Vale, Uyuma of Blood Granbhell, Khan, and Haedrigh erm...  Your identities have been verified," she finished, smiling widely as she handed us back our cards. "Principal ascender Talon of Blood Vessera, the stipend will be automatically transferred to your runecard after the candidates have successfully received their official ascender's badges post-preliminary ascent."

Talon gave a firm nod."Is everyone ready?" Talon asked, we stood just a few paces from the massive arch housing the white-gold portal.

Admittedly, the Alacryans were quite impressive as well. What they had managed to do with the first two floors of the Relictombs—creating capital for ascenders to better prepare themselves for the unpredictable dangers lying ahead of them—was nothing less than remarkable.

The amount of resources and time invested into making sure ascenders were not only well-equipped and rewarded for ascending into the Relictombs, but also idolized by the citizens of Alacrya, spoke volumes of how much Agrona needed the ascenders.

Even these preliminary ascents had been devised to give candidates a safer experience within the Relictombs.

"Shouldn't we do a supply check?" Haedrig replied seriously.

"Is that necessary? Prelims usually don't take longer than a day," Ruby responded impatiently, her body practically gravitating toward the humming gate, which she gazed at in wide-eyed anticipation.