Battle

Luke POV

I was still trying to kill all the mana beasts but dozens came right after I kill one. The frustrating part is I could kill them with my skills but it would hurt or even kill our mages too!

The battle was ongoing with screams and slashes of beasts and soldiers and it was making me distracted. I was creating mana blades one by one to kill mana beasts. I killed one but five popped out from the crowd.

It was tiring. Also, my mind is dizzy from the last fight so focusing was more difficult.

Suddenly I saw spikes coming toward me. I dodged them with just a little scratch on my cheek. I looked in the direction it came and it was a spiky mana beast. It was really doing good damage to soldiers around them.

I quickly summoned my sword and threw it at the beast. Till it reached to the beast I killed a few mana beasts coming to my way.

No. There is no end to this. I have to go for their heads or in other words, their controllers. But what difference it will make? They will not stop. So the only solution is fighting until they are destroyed?

...

The number of beasts had dwindled tremendously, but not without loss. Humans, elves, and dwarves alike lay sprawled out on the ground alongside the beasts that they had either killed or were killed by as if highlighting the point that, in death, there were no sides.

I sat on the ground looking at corpses. They literally sacrifice their lives for their country. Well, there could be a few people fighting for cores but ignore them.

Soon, it will be our victory but can we call it a victory? We are fighting mana beasts, not Alacyran soldiers.

I was still slashing, piercing mana beasts coming towards me.

'Is everything alright there?' I asked Noe.

'I'm fine pa.' She sounded a little bit tired.

'You can take a rest if you are tired.' I sent a few shadow soldiers to her.

'No need pa I can handle it.' Now, her voice was leaking bravery.

I smiled a bit and continued to kill mana beasts.

...

After a few hours, I saw Sun rising up shining brightly on top of the corpses. It was really sad. We finally gained a victory. But it can be over for us but not for others. The real battle comes now. Finding alive soldiers or delivering corpses to the families.

I started walking towards the Wall. Upon walking, I saw many corpses mauled by mana beasts. Few of them were killed but their eyes were still open with fear and terror filled.

I stopped looking and continued, also looking for alive soldiers.

There was a wall there but they choose to fight them head-on? Who on Earth put the soldiers' lives on the line without thinking?

What is the Lance or Commander Virion thinking?

"Only one person is left." I looked at the Wall in front of the shining Sun. "Trodius.”

"Kill... Kill..." I saw a soldier trying to gasp for air like a newborn baby.

"Hey, it is alright. You can rest now."

He looked at me but the fear in his eyes didn't change.

I looked at down. His half-body was missing.

"I will end your suffering now." I slashed his throat quickly to not let him feel pain. It was so quick that his eyes didn't even close. I placed my hand on his eyes.