New Experience

I saw a light at the end of the tunnel but upon closer inspection, I saw that this was a gate. I slowly pushed the gate and saw a whole other world. 

Countless people are walking around, merchants shouting and trying to sell their products, and numerous buildings that make the capital cities of the three kingdoms look like towns. 

The people they call ascenders were different from adventurers at Dicathen.  They had red rune-like things going from the neck all the way down to their back.

I was walking in awe looking at the constructions here. When I saw taverns and shops the first thing coming to my mind was money. I didn't have any money and the best way to get that was selling the things in my backpack. Then let's go!

...

"Sir I know you almost lost your life getting these but I can't buy these things for your amount. But I can give you one gold for each of them." The merchant I approached was getting on my nerves.

"Two golds!" I slammed my fist on the table, making him flinch a little.

"A-alright, two golds." Wiping off the sweat with his handkerchief he smiled.

"Thank you!"I smiled at his pale white face and took all the gold on the table and gave him the equipment I scavenged through the cave. After saying goodbye to him I left his place and tried to look for a tavern to sleep. 

"Need some help?" A shady-looking person appeared near me.

"No, thanks." I didn't care what he said and continued looking for the tavern.

I found the right place to sleep after all the search. The place was quiet now like other taverns I came across. I went inside and saw a few people chatting before looking at me with confusion.

I looked at myself and saw that my clothes were tattered and burned that I couldn't even recognize the leather clothes.

"I'm sorry I barged in here looking like this." I scratched my face before laughing awkwardly.

Soon their confused faces turned to expressionless as they continued talking to themselves.

I sat down in the front of owner that was cleaning the glasses.

"Is there a room available? I want to stay for one night."

...

After waking up I changed my clothes to simple ones given to me by the tavern. I looked in the mirror and saw differences. 

I took a shower and all but the chances were more. My skin was getting pale white and the features on my face were getting sharper. I was 18 years old mentally but my body was looking 22 despite my thin appearance. It looks like I also lost all muscle I had before. Despite my skin changing, my hair and eyes were still the same.

I paid one gold and continued exploring the city. The things I learned were this floor was a relictomb but colonized by alacyrans. The more I explored the more I was getting information.

After a little bit search, I found a place where ascenders gathered. I saved this in my mind and went on.

"It looks like your first time here. Do you want me to show you around? Just think of it as my kindness." A man in his thirties, a scar on his left eye that stretched from his forehead to chin smiled at me.

Kindness my ass. I knew that he was going to rob me of his approach method. Did changes in my appearance also make me look weak?

"No, thank you, I was leaving." Just in case I was ready to channel mana to my body in case of a sudden attack. But he should have the guts to attack me in this place full of crowd.

And I was right. He groaned a little bit and left. I was avoiding all the dangers professionally. I am so proud of myself.

I went one floor up and saw that this place was much poorer in every aspect than the floor below. If you don't mind the merchants trying to sell you weapons, it is actually a quiet place.

...

Finally, I saw the broad daylight. It has been so much since I last saw the sunlight touching my skin. Unlike the cold humid environment of the Relictombs, the warm feeling was filling me up with calmness.

I took a deep breath and looked around. This city was big too but not like the city underground. But the clothes people of this city wearing was much more different, more expensive than what I was wearing. 

The first thing I should do is not arouse suspicion. With mana, I was already feeling some stares piercing me.

I found a clothing shop nearby and immediately went inside. Looking around trying to find something that would make me look different than this poor look. I was even surprised when they let me in. Anyways after some time, I found what I was looking for.

A white oversized shirt and sleeveless black pants for mobility was the best choice.

I wasn't looking bad I thought to myself. Now, I have to get full information about these ascenders and how to be one and after that, I can read the books Drass gave me.

I rented one room in this city and started getting books from a library. After looking at countless books now I was sure Agrona brainwashed these people. A few books were actually really useful.  It was talking about the cultures of each dominion. I don't know why but the information in these books felt like they weren't complete. Maybe they didn't want to reveal their secrets or culture to other dominions. It was just like us before the war.

Anyways from the looks of it, I should first apply as an ascender to get into tombs.  But the more important thing is that I don't have an identification card. I should really blend in perfectly. It is really getting complicated. I must get it from some shady place. 

This was giving me a headache. I rubbed my temples and opened the book Drass had given to me.

Opening the mana-related book I hoped that I could get some new ways to use my mana. But hell just the first page had more useful information about mana than books in the Dicathen combined.

I was getting excited at the sight of new things in this book...

I was ready to absorb all the information in this book.