Final Blow

"Do you have any news regarding the war?"

She eyed me from toe to head."You don't know? The latest news that was delivered to my estate right before we prepared for our ascent was that Scythe Cadell had managed to conquer the Dicathian’s sacred flying castle," said with slight pride."Taking that to account, two weeks have passed."

Two weeks. I wonder what they are doing now?

"It is my turn." Her gaze turned towards me, "Where did you get this dagger?" the look in her eyes was telling me that she was hoping for something good.

"I found it in one of the zones. In a cave. Gears were lying around, so I think he is-" I paused and saw slight sorrow on her face trying to hide all of it.

"Now-" I got cut off by her." I think I got all I want from you." She got up, putting the dagger back into the sheath.

"But I didn't." I swiftly grabbed the dagger from her."I still have some questions."

She was taken aback by little but recovered her composure."What do you want?"

I wanted to open my mouth but my stomach opened its mouth instead.

I got a little bit embarrassed and saw her crack... a little smile?

Suddenly her dimension ring shone and 5 beef jerkies appeared. I don't know why because I was starving, the smell was so mouth-watering but I still didn't give in. Or so I thought.

I thanked her and got the jerkies from her. I looked at her and sighed.

"Here, take this." I gave her the dagger and with a slight hint of pride she took the dagger.

I will ask questions later. First comes the stomach. After I saw her leave, I started slowly, quietly munching on the jerkies.

It was dry but tasty. Each but I took made my stomach celebrate craving, wanting for more.

After finishing my 'feast' I got into training. What Arthur said to me back then, I will try it.

He said he combined little lights millions of times. But what about mana particles?

First I looked at all the mana particles that were just in front of me despite the sled moving.

First I wanted to collect them. But after a while, I knew collecting them one by one and trying to form a sphere will be hard.

So instead I used the mana in my body. My body didn't have any core but still, the mana was flowing inside lie river. Then what about carving a path for that flowing river to turn around and around then making a sphere? It should be easy.

Easier said than done. The veins I carved in my body long ago were making things much harder.

I can't forget about the risk. There is a battle ahead of us and training with risks can be troublesome.

...

The clear blue sky changed in a split second to crimson red. The tension in the air was also changed telling that this wave will not be the same as other ones.

"We’re not going to stop so hold on!" Brown-haired girl,-Daria declared, casting a stronger gust of wind at the mast.

The sled sped through the dirt field as cracks began branching and splitting apart ahead. Fortunately, the obsidian structure standing even taller than castle watchtowers, stood only a few miles away, the shimmering red sphere perched at its peak.

These last few miles, however, would undoubtedly be the hardest. Carallians were already emerging by the dozens from the ground ahead.

Orid stopped focusing on the path ahead and instead, conjured slabs of earth that began rotating around us.