Life And Death Situation

At last, I got a little glimpse of my power, I can now travel.

If not I will either way die of starvation.

My stomach grumbled as an answer. Before going, I should take caution.

I went near the pond that was filled with blood and corpses, I filled my hands with blood and quickly brushed it to my hair.

A little bit to my face and we are done! But the smell of iron was in my nose and it felt annoying.

And my blue eyes! I brushed my hair in front of my blue eyes, getting rid of future suspicions.

I replenished my mana capacity and was ready to step into this new world.

I reached the Iron door in the sanctuary. I pushed it and entered inside. It felt like gates in Dicathen. Must be teleportation gates

Marble floor and a corridor that stretched to infinity, I think was what greeted me.

The most interesting thing was the statues at the sides. There were men and women statues on each side.

Bow, axe, spear, sword, and... What is that thing? It had two holes but other than that it was hard for me to understand.

I was going forward with caution. There could be a moment and all of them jump at me at the same time.

This is somewhere I am not familiar with. So If there are statues here, they are not for decoration, that's sure.

And the thing I feared the most came true. One of the statues started cracking and in seconds, a gruesome, leathery person, or creature came through it landing on the marble floor.

Calling it a person is much. Bones revealing, muscles dried up and damaged it looked like from another world.

And it was holding a long bone sword.

I readied myself, channeling some mana to my eyes, legs, and arms. The mana enchantment was at the par with athletic adult but nothing else.

The sword creature rushed to me with ear hurting cry and tried to slash me in half. I moved to the side a little but the sword slashed my shoulder pad a little, enough to leave a scratch.

His sword was stuck to the marble floor and I used this moment to kick the sword out of his hands. But the sudden arrow to my left side caught me off guard as I groaned in pain. It was the second statue that broke down and it was the archer statue.

The sword creature pulled the sword from the floor and singled toward me horizontally. I jumped and dodged the slash, using the sword as support, I jumped on his head, knocking him to the ground.

I landed on the ground but my reserves were already running low. 

I dodged the second arrow and looked at where it came from. I got interrupted when an axe missed my head by inches.

I punched the axe creature's chin so hard it crashed to the ground rolling.

I think I went abroad. The effects of mana on my arms already started wearing off.

And there was no time left for me to be at the other end of the corridor. Because creatures that broke free were closing my path.

The loud boom sound caught me off guard. I looked at where it came from. It was a creature holding an unfamiliar weapon.

The sharp pain that appeared in my left shoulder spread to everywhere.

I instinctively tried to hold the bleeding with my hand and rushed to the door I came from.

The mana reserves completely dried up and I was hoping to escape.

I felt a heavy sting in my leg and stumbled to the ground rolling in front of the door. It was now aiming at me again. I tried to push the door but it didn't even budge.

With luck, I dodged the second shot but the third time I would be dead. No matter how hard I pushed it didn't move, but the arrow pierced my hand that was trying to push the door.

I gritted my teeth in pain and pushed again. But the only thing I saw was a  single purple artifact before blacking out.

...

I suddenly bolted up and looked back but didn't see anything. The only thing I could see was a white landscape.

It was peaceful but scary at the same time because of the soundless environment.

I tried to understand what was happening until a soft calming voice guided me.

"Don't worry, child of light." A familiar voice...

"You didn't forget me, did you?" She asked in a threatening voice.

How could I forget? She was the one who gave me my second life. Sacrificed herself to give me her core.

And now, I am without her core, accomplishing nothing with her gift, her sacrifice.

One by one my heart was weighing down with sorrow and guilt.

"You shouldn't be that hard on yourself, you might get wrinkles." she chuckled a little bit after landing on the floor.

"Moon Deity..." I couldn't find any words to say.

"Don't worry child, you will find words but not yet. This is not the time." Her cold yet charming eyes filled with hope looking at me.

Her eyes and silky white hair reaching all the way to the ground.

And it was even more depressing when I remembered Noe.

Noe? I quickly looked at both of my arms moving them around, trying to find the mark.

No, no... It wasn't there. My legs gave up the strength they have making me fell on my legs.

Did I?

"Don't weigh yourself down that much, my daughter is safe, but because you were reborn again, you don't have the mark." She finally reached in front of me, patting my blood-soaking hair.

I didn't know if she was telling the truth or lying to make me feel relieved but I fully trust and believe her.

"You need to wash yourself, child." Ah, just like that time, mocking and joking with me...

I was feeling happy. So happy that I could stay here all the time I want.

"The reason you are here..." She sat down looking at me with firm eyes" You activated my message because you manipulated Aether."

"Aether? The purple particles around me?" I scratched my head. Hell, I really need a bath.

"You are correct," She continued"It was just one particle, but still you managed it."

"But what about all the other times? For example when I coated the sword with aether?"

"You mimicked, not manipulated it. This time was luck because you were shot with an arrow that contained aether but still it means you manipulated it and teleported to the sanctuary." she sipped the tea that came out of nowhere.

"Aether... I only heard about it when Arthur was talking. He would go on about how there are not only four but five particles in the air. And I could see them too. And I thought it is something only Asuras, god-like beings can use."

"Aether has it's own ways to use child."She stood up after finishing her tea.

"But how can you talk to me this freely?" I scratched my chin.

"Overmind. I channeled my mana into your mind before I passed away. Your mind was the only thing that stayed the same after you died. That is how my mana stayed there for that long."

"Wow... So that must be why."

"Aether is not that easy to control child. You need a sturdy body."

"But how?" Confusion was getting hold of me.

She started smirking and it got me a little scared.

"Using my body, a dragonic body."

Thank you for reading :)))