Talk With Asura

"Don't stand there, here have a seat."With just a flicker of his fingers, the messy room got organized and there were two cups of tea on the table.

I sat down, waiting for him to begin the conversation.

"You wonder why you are here right?" He took a sip from his tea.

"No, not only that, the whole thing. I can't understand yet. Why I am here, why the Relictomb changes because of me."

"You have a lot of questions. Then, let me begin by giving you some information about Relictombs. The Relictomb you just fell into is a place created by ancient people-djinns."

"Then, are you a djinn?" I asked taking a sip from the tea.

"No, first let me ask you. You have both properties of an asuran and a human. Care to explain?"

Should I trust him?

I remained quiet. Just as I thought, he caught it and smiled a bit.

"Relax, child. I am not someone that will hurt you. Just asking questions to make sure..." The air around him got more tense, "If you are not someone he sent."

What does he mean?

"Do you mean Agrona Vritra?" his eyes widened a little but returned back and gave me a little smile.

"So, you know something little? Yes, he is the one. Just sending his goons here to take the relics knowing that the Relictombs forbid any Asura from entering."

"So, then you are a djinn." But I got flinched a little when he started laughing.

"Not close enough buddy. I am also an Asura. Just like I said my name is Drass, Drass Oragath of Tsukirou Clan."

"Tsukirou Clan? There are clans between Asuras?" I really don't know anything and that was making me hungry for more.

"That's right. But we were banished from the Epheotus long ago. I think I become trustful. What about you?"

I readied myself. I didn't have any choice too. Because I don't know anything, I'm at a disadvantage.

"Moon Deity gave me this body. Although it is not complete, I am trying to make it."

"Moon Deity? Everyone in Dicathen calls us like that. But our appearance time by time quickly turned it into a horror story, huh?" He scratched his hair and laughed.

"Then she is someone just like you?" I was surprised that there were more just like her.

"She could be." he suddenly turned into an owl and took a book from the shelf and gave it to me. And this just proved to me that Drass is just like her.

I caught the book and put it on the table."I have a question. If you are an Asura, then how can you be inside this place?"

...

We were residing in Epheotus just like other clans. Other Clans were calling us Generous Clan because we cared for both Alacyran and Dicathenian people.

One day we met with people who can control aether like the Indrath clan but differently. They were storing aether inside runes and were using it for harmless experiments. They were also peaceful, greeting us with warm feelings.

When we saw their power first, some of us thought of using it as a weapon. Among us, we called them intruders because they were stomping on our golden rule: Never interfere with the balance of power.

Soon a secret battle broke out between the Indrath clan and the Djinn. We tried to stop the war by helping Djinns but with our help, they didn't win.

Just when the war was over, most of our clan got corrupted by the Indrath Clan, and our Clan got annexed by the Indrath Clan and banished the rest of us to Alacyra.

Djinns created Relictombs to hide their experiments from Indrath Clan and also protect us.

Then, that madman Agrona came and brainwashed the people to believe that every Asura is an enemy.

...

"Now, that is my story. Although I was only a researcher I couldn't be much help for djinns. And now, I'm here continuing my experiments."

"Oh, now I understand. Now, do you know anything about other Relictombs?" I tried to take a sip but the tea got much colder than I imagined.

"Need a refill?"

"Yes, please." With a flick, my cup filled up.

"I don't know about other tombs and about this, you already completed it. Congrats!" With a slight smile, he started clapping his hands."Now, can you look at your arm?"

I did as he told me and saw a rune on my arm."What is it?"

"To obtain this rune...It is a rune of destruction. A bit risky rune but can give you immense power. But I recommend you to not use it because your body is still too fragile to use the power."

"If you said that djinns controlled aether, do you know how? How did they do it?"

He was looking rather down."I myself couldn't obtain their methods, only information."

I was left with myself. I should find the way myself.

"But! I can give you two books that will help you! One is about how you can strengthen your mana core, and the other is about the asuran body! I hope you use this in your heart's content."

"Wow, I know that these books will help me improve. Thank you." I can't believe this is happening! I was stuck but with these, I will get more powerful!

"Now, child of light. I have one more piece of advice before you leave. Clear all the Relictombs if you want to become stronger."

He was right. This strange rune and things about the aether. I have to master them to be able to beat anyone.

"Ah, before you left, let me give you something."

With a touch of his hand on my wrist, a black rune appeared. I looked at it trying to understand what is happening.

"That thing is a pocket dimension you can store objects. I hope you use it well."

After the conversation ended I bowed down and with a flick of his hand, I found myself in another place.

...

Drass POV

"Let's see how much is he capable of." he stood up looking at the books.

"Telling him that I can't use aether. I hope I made the right choice. Just like how I stayed here learned it on my own, I think he should find his own way of controlling the aether."

I sighed and sat down rubbing my temple." If I could leave this place."