Part_11

He was wearing handsfree and placing one knee at other leg he was busy at his mobile. Then suddenly he looked up and I definitely saw his eyes opened little wide. But May be it was a figment of my subconscious mind  because in the blink of eye, a stoned face Manik Malhotra staring back completely expressionless . Holding my long gown little up I took few steps inside.

"Ummm where is Abhimanyu....!" I asked him, while looking around. He pulled the handsfree out of his ears and his brows shot up with such arrogance that I regretted for asking him. His lips set into thin line and dark eyes got narrowed at me. 

"You asked me something.....?" he asked bitterly, looking left and right like making sure, was there any one else around him or not. I rolled my eyes at his such dramatic response. His only presence in the room had my heart dissolving in dread.

"I said where is Abhi....?" this time I rasped through gritted teeth. My hatred towards him always inflaming to its edges, completely ready to flood out. His neutral expressions wore off, replaced by cold rage that rose from deep within him. I waited for his reply in tense silence, but his response filled me with more annoyance.

"I think I'm not his personal guard....!" his words hit me hard and I blinked, eyes glazing over him in disbelief. Moving my eyes at other side, I decided to wait for Abhi instead of banging my head with this mountain of arrogance. Entirely ignoring my presence, once again he got busy in his mobile. I hate myself, for giving him such power to piss me off with simple few words.

I kept standing there, ignoring the uneven beat of my heart and impatiently waiting for Abhi. Standing at front of such big-headed man, wearing wedding dress and doing nothing was making me ache in my own anxiety. He don't even know the 'M' of manners. Can't he offer his seat to a lady who's legs are getting numb while wearing high heels and heavy dress.

"Nandni where are the boys....?" julia asked looking between me and manik but he didn't feel necessary to even look up. I just shrugged my shoulders to show her that I wasn't even aware. She left without saying further.

After waiting almost 15 minutes I started feeling bad for Julia who must be waiting in next room for me to come back and give the final say. How Abhi can do this to me. First Aanya and now him. Both pushing me into this mess, themselves God knows where are at the moment. 

I built up the slightest bit of courage to look at Manik again. I crossed my fingers at my back and decided to ask him something that I never thought in my nightmares I would do.

"Hi....!" I said while stopping few feet away from Manik. I couldn't believe that I was talking to him until pair of dark eyes locked on me. This time flash of irritation was more visible on his features, his brows furrowed deeper. Clearing my throat, I blurted.

"Ummm, is my dress ok. I mean I don't know about dresses and it's first time. Actually julia asked me to have other's opinion too....!" I was blabbering like a fool. His thick long lashes crouched over darkening eyes. I shook my head silently knowingly how pathetic it sounded. He going to kill me surely.

He gawked back at me as his eyes hungrily ran down my body and then again back up towards my eyes. I swallowed, feeling a different sensation storming inside me.

"Placing his mobile at couch he stood up. Taking small steps he stopped closer. Even after wearing heels, still easily towering over me. I could even inhale his scent, causing Goosebumps to erupt down my whole body. The look he gave me, made me want to crawl back into try room but it was too late.