Part_41

My head started spinning, and heart was beating like someone hitting my chest walls with heavy hammer. I wasn't able to move or breath, while he smiled at my widely opened eyes. He slowly raised my hand up. Before I could realise what was he going to do he slipped that delicate expensive ring over my finger.

My head whipped so fast that I was surprised I didn't break my neck. I was looking at him with horrific eyes. I stood like a statue, entirely paralyzed, so unexpected of what just happened. OH MY GOD, what did he do.? My head felt like I was being sucked into some bloody tornado. Earth getting slipped away under my feet.

Was I being pranked right now...? But as all started hooting, clapping and whistling, smile at Manik's face broadened. I was looking at everyone like they all had grown two heads over their shoulders. Then I looked down over the ring on my finger and realised it wasn't dream. Manik really slipped the ring on my finger.

"Wh...whta...did you do....!" my whisper dripped with dread and I felt the blood rushing to my heart with a thud. He leaned down with that smile at the edge of his lips.

"Returning the ring to its exact owner....!" he replied while shrugging his shoulders. Both Anvi auntie and Riya auntie hugged me together. But I seemed to process his words in my brain. Any one could tell how shaken up I was.

"Congratulations....!" Soniya was the third one who's chirping voice fell over my deaf ears. I was looking at everyone and waiting for them to create a big fuss but the way all cheered and clapped, I realised what exactly happened with me. With widely opened mouth and eyes I looked back towards Manik who was still grinning ear to ear. They all made me fool. Oh My God.

"Now its your turn....!" I wasn't even recovered from one shock when Aaryan uncle extended one more velvety blue box at front of me. I kept looking at the other ring. I didn't know how to breath and what to do with other male ring. I wasn't able to move my limbs. Sensing my panicked condition, Aaryan uncle pulled the ring out and gave into my trembling hand. Seeing me completely doomed Aanya encircled her one arm around my waist.

"MANIK...!" Uncle didn't need to say more because in the blink of an eye Manik brought his hand at front of my eyes.

"Common Nandni....!" Uncle Aayan also patted my back and with sweaty cold hands I pushed the ring over his finger.

"Yeiiiiii, finally....!" Aanya took me into bone crushing hug. But my eyes were stuck only at one person. Manik Malhotra. Biting my lower lip I tried to hold back myself from crying out loud. I'm gonna kill this Malhotra.

"So my offer is still available. If you say I can rearrange the date with that boy......!" Dadi jan exclaimed teasingly and this time manik jumped straight into this matter.

"Dadi jan, Don't you even dare to take the name of any boy now... !" manik stomped his feet angrily and seeing his expressions all started laughing. Rubbing back of his neck when Manik looked back towards me, I wished my glare could work like a dagger.

"Congratulations my sweetheart....!" dadi jan pulled me into a warm hug. I wasn't still into my proper state of mind. My whole body was shivering and I'm sure my face must be turned pale with shock.

"Congratulations....!" and now this is we call real surprise when Riya hugged me. Oh My Goodness. How she came here and when. Who brought her. Thousands questions were swirling into my mind and I felt my thoughts even more messed up. I know its not difficult for Malhotras but who ever brought her, really did a huge fever to me. I really needed her.

"I missed you so much...!" this time I couldn't control my desperate tears any more. I don't know, in that single moment I was having tears of happiness or anger.