Part_31

Nandni's POV

I was going towards meeting room. Probably it took few minutes but the sense of dread was dragging the way longer and making me grow more anxious with each passing second. Part of me doesn't care what I was about to face, I just didn't want Manik to face any humiliation at front of so many people. As soon I entered inside guard closed the door and left, leaving me alone at the huge table with almost 30 chairs around it.

Next moment door opening made me jump slightly and slowly I stood up. I glanced up and found Manik, Aaryan uncle's personal secretary, three police officers and few other staff from Aaryan uncle's party entered inside. I don't know much about police ranking but looking at badges over their uniforms I could tell they were highly ranked officers. Dammit what I got my self stuck into.

They all walk around the table to sit. Manik took head seat at the table while I was sitting at first chair on the left side of him. All other people took seats at manik's right side. Now they all were facing me.

Except Manik as they all shifted full attention towards me I looked down. Many eyes were on me and so, I forced a calmness over my features even though inside my heart was thundering horribly.

His face was full of anger, his hands crossed into each other over the table. His knuckles already whitening from how hard he was gripping each other. His sharp jaw twitching, showing how he was gritting his teeth to control his rage. Brewing the dreadful silence, Manik started talking.

"Nandni whatever that guard told us is it true....?" Manik asked, his eyes were dark and his tone threatening. I had seen him like this before but I didn't wish to see that old Manik ever again. I opened and shut my mouth like fish out of water. What could I say except accepting the responsibility of the deed.

"Yes. I asked him to take that lady to hospital....!" I replied confidently. I don't need to be worried when I didn't do any thing wrong. One from the police officer chuckled mockingly and I saw how Manik closed his eyes tightly, clearly stopping himself from punching that officer. All were looking stern and scary but this one was giving negative vibes.

"So Mr Malhotra your father said that these vehicles never been used for personal reasons. Even you wasn't ready to accept that cause of you people going out of law and using government assets....!" that police officer snapped at Manik. I never seen Manik this much quiet when someone talking to him in such harsh tone. It was first time he was facing this much insult without any reason.

"It's not his fault...!" I was going to justify Manik's silence but he looked at me with such glare that I didn't need his words to keep my mouth shut. So I gave up and looked down. 

"Of course it's his fault. If he brought someone here he will be the responsible for that person's every act....!" police officer stated looking at me with such gaze that I wanted to move closer to Manik. This officer was pure evil, I could see into his lustful gaze.

Manik's whole stance changed almost immediately. It turned dangerous and rigid with anger. His fists were so tightly clenched into each other. His sharp jaw was twitching, showing how he was gritting his teeth.

"Officer I apology on the behalf of her. As guard already told you it was an emergency....!" Manik tried to defend me when beside me every one present in this room knew that these officers won't let this issue go so easily. Seeing Manik apologising for the thing he didn't even know about, my anger started rising up. My heart was thumping loudly and pressure of blood into my temples was increasing. But I was equally shocked seeing how Manik was trying to be calmed and collected.

"Mr malhotra do I need to tell you that for emergencies people use ambulances not the vehicles given for the politician's protocol....!" officer said while looking towards Manik with evil grin.