Part_20

I remained frozen at where I stood as Manik smiled towards Elina, a really genuine smile. It took a while before it finally sank in me that, his girlfriend was back. Another woman who was in his life already, before my unwanted entry into Manik's life. He kissed her forehead and I cursed myself for thinking that he was never like this to me.

After saying hello to every one she diverted her eyes towards me. I saw her little shocked but she covered it behind her strong features. She has really gorgeous personality with beautiful big eyes and silky black hairs. They were perfect match.

"Oh. Nandni is also here....!" she said while sitting at sofa. Manik also joined her. I looked at him and he was really lost in deep thoughts. Aanya and Rohan came towards me, and I could see pity in their eyes. I pretend not to be effected by whatever was happening around me.

"Hi....!" I forced a smile at her as she sat next to Manik. How I became the third person in between two people who loves each other. Manik have a beautiful lady sitting besides him, yet his eyes are constantly avoiding to look into hers. A strange pang of pain started eating me and I hated to be in such situation.

"You know I'm trying to contact you since I went out of country but you were continuously ignoring my calls and messages....!" Aanya complained, while hugging Manik's bicep tightly. I didn't understand this why he didn't refuse openly for our engagement when he could do this easily. Why he is doing this to himself, to Elina. She is no where at any fault.

"Actually Manik was busy in his personal important events....!" Ishan mumbled, having his voice serious. Manik snapped his eyes towards him, like warned him to stay away from this matter. Gradually, Elina's smile disappeared as she gave questioning look to Manik. I think Elina deserves to know whatever happened behind her back.

"Personal events....?" Elina asked, looking really confused yet curiosity was dripping from her eyes. Now this conversation started making me restless. I didn't want to be here while this secret will be opened at front of Elina.

"Elina come let's go in my room. I want to tell you something....!" Manik abruptly stood up. I saw Sahil bhaie's face became hardened. When Elina will know about our engagement what she will do. My nerves started feeling raw and my heart racing while thinking about the consequences.

"No. Let me listen first that which personal events were happening that you didn't even feel necessary to send me a single message....!" Elina protested, her stare was equally harsh. Manik seemed entirely helpless. I wanted to run away from there this very moment.

"Elina I think it's better you first listen to me...!" Manik said angrily looking towards Elina. But she kept looking towards Ishan like, challenging him to finish whatever he started. Manik's fingers curled into fists as his entire body stiffened.

"Actually, your boyfriend I mean now ex boyfriend got engaged with a beautiful lady here....!" Ishan pointed towards me all the time looking straight into Elina's eyes. For a minute Elina just staring at Ishan, unable to fully comprehend what he just said. Her face suddenly became pale, like blood drained out of her body, as her eyes moved between Ishan and me and then towards manik. But when she saw that Manik didn't deny, her eyes sparked with rage. My heartbeat had completely stopped.

"I said stay away from my personal matters....!" Manik shouted turning towards Ishan as Aanya ran towards Manik. Rubbing her hand at his back she tried to make him calm. She knew it, situation have become really complicated. How Ishan could do this to Elina. It wasn't his place to tell her. It must be only Manik who should have explained everything by his own self instead of other people.

"What....? Do you think this is a sick way of your disgusting jokes....!" Elina snapped back while standing up from sofa. Ishan kept glaring at her. I knew he wasn't very fond of Elina but I never knew it he really hates her this much. Manik grabbed Elina's arm and started walking towards the stairs. Everyone's eyes followed both of them until they entered into Manik's room.