Part_15

When we reached the hospital, baba was the first one to run to the receptionist. He asked about Abhi and the girl at the counter immediately checked her computer. After getting the information, we ran towards the direction she told us.

Within few minutes we were at front of ICU. I felt the urge to see him. I'm sure, I seemed like a lost soul, the way people were looking towards me. But at that moment everything and everyone seemed to have no more meaning. I was in that dreadful state when I heard a voice at my side.

"Sorry but you can't enter yet. Doctors are inside....!" a nurse blocked us out when I attempted to open the door of ICU. My heart was beating terribly and I was so much scared. Suddenly I saw Aanya coming from my side and she hugged me to comfort me but nothing helped. I just wanted to see Abhi. Just for once.

This was the time I saw Sahil and Ishan. Mr Aayaan and Mr Rayaan were also out of country for their business meeting. But looking at the last person I felt anger started bubbling deep inside of me. Manik leaning against the wall was completely lost into his deep thoughts. His white shirt was red with blood and I knew it was Abhi's blood.

"What did the doctors say. Is he alright....?" baba asked Sahil.

"He is going through surgery....!" he replied. The horror was visible in his voice. I couldn't remove my eyes from that one person who have answer of every question. Every question I wanted to know. Suddenly two doctors came out and all moved their heads towards them. They straight came towards us. Darkest clouds of trepidation were darkening my nerves, leading my thoughts to the worst possible things doctors going to tell us.

Doctors said something and they all followed the doctors to one private room. I stood there, frozen with fear as all figures moved past me. I was still unable to fathom that how my life in just few hours could take such horrible turn. One warm hand held my wrist.

"Just pray for him. He will be fine.....!" Aanya whispered before bringing me near one bench. Pushing my shoulders down she forced me to sit. My eyes were stuck where all of them got disappeared. Then I saw Ishan coming out. His eyes were red and face was completely pale. His eyes suggested something was extremely wrong but his expressions gave no clue.

"What happened....?" my voice hung somewhere between horrified and confused. He just shook his head like voice and words weren't helping him. From his drained features to his lifeless eyes, there was no doubt he hadn't any thing pleasant to tell us.

"Abhi is no...more. They couldn't save him.....!" that single sentence spoken by Ishan held a tone that sliced through my soul. For one second I felt my be I listened wrong. But after looking at Aanya's tear filled eyes I was sure I'm listening right.

"You are lying....!" I said in such low tone that it hardly reached my own ears. All diverted their eyes towards me. They were giving me looks full of sympathy. This can't be true!. Abhi can't give up like this. He didn't deserve this. He can't leave me like this. I turned around when baba and Sahil came closer to me.

"Wh...what happened baba. A....Abhi, he is fine, right.....?" I asked baba who just looked towards Ishan and then back at me. He gulped the huge lump before he also answered.

"They couldn't save him....!" and he spoke the exact words I was afraid of listening. I shook my head, still my heart wasn't ready to except this. How he can leave me at such point where we both were going to start a new life. Burning pain was paralyzing me completely.

Suddenly breathing became so difficult that I really didn't want to do because it was scratching my lungs. Was this what people say worst fate. This was way too much to bear if that's how my life going to become a living hell. I never asked too much. I just wished a happy normal life. Was it too much.