Part_29

It was already Thursday. Four days since every one came back and since the time I didn't see Manik. Everyday he was leaving early morning and when was coming back at night I have no idea. Aanya told me that he is stuck into few urgent things but now I had started thinking the otherwise.

I couldn't help from thinking that may be Manik already had changed his mind. If it's like this then I'm happy he saved me from further pain than I was already having. It would be good if he realised that giving us chance was just a mistake.

He said he wants to keep me and only me forever yet it looks like he doesn't want me either. I was very restless as my mind kept going round and round. My head was full of questions and I wanted answers.

"Nandni are you ready....!" I listened Aanya's voice outside of my room. Today one of Manik's best friend invited all closed friends for a small party at his home. He got engaged and it was a welcome party for his fiancé. I refused to go but Aanya is Aanya. She also cancelled and at the end I'm being ready for the party because I didn't want to ruin her plans.

Their family doctor was at holiday and the new one who was replacing him temporarily wasn't allowed to come at Malhotra house for security reasons. So Ishan was taking me at nearest clinic to change my dressing every day. My wound was almost healing. Now I don't feel any need to have painkillers any more. Tonight I was wearing black gown having light natural touch of makeup. For some change I left my hairs swaying freely over my back.

So after half hour, driver parked the car at front of huge palace like mansion. It was really breath stopping gorgeous house. Lots of cars parked on the drive way, were showing many people were already present inside. It must be trusted and good gathering that's why Ishan and Manik allowed Aanya and me to join as well.

"Come lets go inside princess....!" Holding my arm Aanya walked towards the main entrance. As soon we stepped inside the huge hall, so many known faces were already there, including Ishan.

My eyes moved across the hall but like usual Manik wasn't here as well. I was lost in my own thoughts when I felt a hand touched my shoulder.

"He would be here very soon....!" Aanya whispered into my ear as I was still looking around. Was I really looking for him. No way, why I will wait for him when already everything was clear. He doesn't want to be around wherever I will be present.

"Hey, Aanya...!" one of our class fellow who's Aanya's friend as well, rapidly approached us while waving her hand. Pushing all thoughts aside I follow them towards a crowd of other class-fellows. There was a new but really gorgeous face. I'm sure it was the girl of the night.

"Congratulation Sonia....!" Aanya proved me right it was the fiancé of Manik's friend. Aanya introduced me as well and I also returned a soft hug to congratulate her. Her positive and humble behaviour was showing that she no doubt have a nice personality.

Drinks were being served and soft music was played into back ground. There wasn't any wild couples dancing around, make outs in dark corners or too much alcohol to make these youngsters go crazy. It was simply nice get-to-gather. Examining everything around me, suddenly my eyes got stuck at main entrance. Manik was standing near the entrance.

My stomach was churning in a mixture of peace and anticipation. He was here in the party when I thought may be now we would never see each other again. Wearing white shirt with light blue jeans, he settled his hairs backwards roughly. Everything was making him look more attractive than usual. I swear this boy don't need so much effort to look good. His straight posture and aggressive expressions were a dead giveaway about the controlled man in him.

Looking around his eyes stopped at Ishan and before moving towards him suddenly his eyes caught me looking at him. His lips twitched into a warming smile and immediately I felt myself being enveloped into its warmth. For few seconds he kept looking at me like we both were into our own personal bubble, instead of being into this huge crowd. Same softness and adoration flickered through his eyes, which I had started seeing more often behind his gaze.