Part_18

It's been 4 days since my engagement and I will admit that whatever happened between Manik and me, didn't leave my mind. With baba also on my back of head, all the situation was going to drive me crazy.

After my marriage, baba was supposed to leave abroad to join his new job. Everything was already planned. But now when I went no where baba refused to go but I know it's really difficult for Malhotras. They already hired one person to replace baba here. And now if he doesn't go, it would be difficult for the abroad company as well.

Last night I gathered my all courage and told him that he can go. He shouldn't think about me because after whatever he did to me I won't come back home. I wanted to live in hostel. When I called Aaryan sir, he was happy at my decision. According to him now I'm their responsibility instead of baba, but obviously I don't agree at this thing. I'm my own responsibility, not anyone's. But finally after two days baba was leaving for Italy. All arrangements have been done.

I have one class tomorrow and it would be at nine in the morning which makes it compulsory to reach hostel tonight. So after packing everything and without saying anything to baba I left the house.

Today morning I came to know that Dadi Jan's BP got high. She was admit in the hospital. Before leaving for the train station, I wanted to see her. She was getting better but still her BP was high and she would remain in hospital under observation. I'm sure Aanya and her brothers already left last night.

Taking my small hand-carry with me I took one taxi and after 20 minutes it stopped outside of highly expensive private hospital. After paying for taxi I get on the elevator to reach the 7th floor. 

After asking at reception when I went towards her private room, I saw one guard sitting outside of the door. Being family of a politician wasn't easy. If at one hand people love you for your work and loyalty at other hand you make many enemies. So professional guards will always be there with all Malhotra family members except one. And any one can tell who might be that exceptional case. Obviously The GREAT MANIK MALHOTRA.

"Good evening....!" As I reached at front of the door, guard stood up immediately and bowing down he greeted me. The worst thing I'm hating the most after engagement with Manik Malhotra, is this VIP protocol. I was a simple girl with simple and small dreams. It's too much to digest.

"I'm here to see Dadi Jan....!" I asked him, but he seemed little confused that why I was asking his permission. Still he nodded his head without saying any thing further. Before entering I looked inside from the vision panel of the door.

Oh, crap. One glimpse of inside hit me with a force of a tornado, leaving me completely freaking out. As soon as I got my brain to work again, all I could think about how can escape from here. Manik Malhotra was sitting inside at the chair besides Dadi Jan's bed he was looking stiff and stressed. Seeing him first thing which came into my mind was the slap and once again I felt sharp sensation in my palm.

Both were doing nothing. Dadi Jan was laying at her bed with closed eyes and having deep frowns over his face Manik was looking at her. For a second the thought came into my mind that I can still walk away. I still have time to change my mind. But then a burst of determination told me to do otherwise.

I sighed. Its not like I'm gonna talk to him. I will just go inside, ask about how was she now, say good bye and then leave, that's it. With that thought I raised my hand and knocked. Without waiting for their reply I entered inside.

As door made soft screeching sound, Dadi Jan and her grand son, both shifted their eyes towards me. I found myself stuck rooted on the spot. Then suddenly I wished I had listened my brain and shouldn't have come inside. May be an early visit could have saved me from this weirdest face off.