Part_26

NANDNI'S POV:

As I entered into my room, I took a look around myself and slowly but badly reality of my life hit me. Everything in this room was reminding me that it was given by the person who wanted to get ride of me as soon as possible. I quickly wiped my face of any tear and checked the time of the next train.

Our college wasn't opening for next one week cause of an emergency matter. I don't want to live here anymore. For hostel, my place already had given to an other student so it wasn't possible to get back so easily. Only option was my own home back into town. I have one week to figure out, what I need to do next. I will arrange a single room in any private hostel. I hope I have enough savings into my bank account.

Pulling my bag out I started packing my things. Exactly after one hour I had packed my stuff and was ready to leave. Holding my luggage I gently closed the door of my room. I would leave silently. But Passing by his room I stopped. I shook my head like I was doing wrong. He had done many favours to me so it would be so ungrateful if I leave without saying thank you.

I took slow steps forward but I came to a halt when I reached at his door. I wasn't as confident as I was a moment ago. Listening to my heart I wanted to leave but my mind was suggesting the otherwise. Raising my hand up I was going to knock the door but it got opened itself. My eyes widened in surprise as I found him stood at door. Wet hairs perfectly settled, were telling that he just had shower. Dressed up into fresh pair of dark jeans and white shirt looking equally shocked as me.

After looking at my luggage, he slightly tilted his head to the side as he furrowed his eyes. Daring myself I looked up into melting pool of chocolaty brown eyes, I realised I don't hate him, I couldn't. It wasn't his fault that I was pushed forcefully into his life when he was happy with someone else. But still feeling so wounded and somehow betrayed, just wasn't in my control. My eyes started getting damp but no. I would never allow anyone to see me so broken, vulnerable and lonely. It was against my values.

"Before leaving I wanted to say thank you. After all you gave a roof and everything, while bearing my unnecessary burden.....!" I said while looking at him. Suddenly his features turned little harsh as he was angry. But why. Now I didn't do anything. Infect I was doing exactly what he wanted. I was leaving for his happiness.

"Are you going somewhere....?" he asked, carefully wording his question. I knew somehow he already had doubt that what was going to be my answer. So taking deep breath I told him what he desperately wanted to listen. He must be really happy. Finally he don't have to face a person every day whom he hates so much.

"Yes, going back home. I'm making you free from all this burden. You said right, I'm not your responsibility so you don't need to face my unwanted presence anymore.....!" I chuckled, trying hard to keep myself composed and strong. When I looked up I felt his eyes were widely open, looking back at me like telling so many deep secrets. May be he wasn't expecting that he will get ride of me this soon. I shook my thoughts away because surely this happy news really made him shocked.

"Finally we will be free from this engagement.....!" he mumbled, his breathing sounded a bit ragged like he was feeling difficult to inhale. My eyes noticed how his hands folded into tight fists and then my gaze raised up to see his muscular broad chest, which was rising and falling really fast. Shaking my wandering thoughts away I felt the view of floor was more acceptable than looking into his eyes. Was my presence so irritating to him. Why talking to me was this much difficult for him that he was looking so raged. So ignoring his unsettled yet confusing behaviour I replied.

"Yes. May be it's time to separate our paths now before it's too late. Before we break each other so much that we couldn't put ourselves together.....!" I stated lowly. I don't know what else to say because I just wanted it all to stop. To hide myself away from all the pain and this deep agony.