4. Courting

"You are courting death" Jiang cheng didn't know how his brother, being the dumbest in love, is able to master everything when it comes to arts and cultivation. 

"Do you love him?" 

"I don't know" 

Jiang cheng's mouth twitched to curse his brother. 

"Okay, Let me put it like this. What do you think of him?"  Jiang cheng rephrased his question. 

"What do you think of that snow capped summit? For me, this particularly reminds me of Lan zhan. Majestic, Cold, pure, one of a kind. 

Take this bluebell flower for example, it looks beautiful………sky……wind……tanghulu candy……..Jiang cheng wake up" 

By the time Wei ying completed relating everything around him to Lan zhan, Jiang cheng had almost drifted to sleep. 

"You still don't know whether you like him?" Jiang cheng was drained of energy. 

"Mn" 

"Alright. What do you think about the young lady who was seated right next to you in class? She even spoke to you right?" 

"What would I think about her? It has been just one day. I will have to get to know her better to answer this." 

"Hasn't it been just a day since you met Lan Wangji? You had so many things to say about him?" Jiang cheng closed his eyes. If his brother were to say something dumb again, he cannot resist cursing him, he would better not see him. 

"That's because he is Lan zhan." 

"I shall better go out for fresh air." 

"Jiang cheng, tell me what you feel about this before you leave." 

"You are the dumbest. Aishh it's suffocating. Don't you dare follow me"

The following morning Jiang cheng woke up to the knocking sound of the door. It was 6 am and since he considered it was too early for anyone except his jiejie to come at this time, he opened the door without any question. 

But it was not his jiejie but the pitiful being who is being in love with his dumb brother. Everyone is supposed to get up at 5 am but his brother is still sleeping. 

Jiang cheng excused himself for a moment, asking Lan Wangji to wait. He hurriedly ran towards Wei ying's bed and alerted him that Lan Wangji was at the door. Wei ying's eyes opened promptly on hearing the name. But why would Lan zhan be here. And the room door was not open. Hence he turned to the other side, giving a slight kick to Jiang cheng for tricking him and rolled himself completely with the duvet, not concerning himself with the blabberings of Jiang cheng. 

"If you don't get up, I'll invite Lan Wangji in!" 

"Wei wuxian, I am not playing with you" 

Jiang cheng lost his patience and finally invited Lan Wangji, telling him that his brother is not used to Yunshen's timing and hence he is not up yet. 

Lan zhan saw the sleeping Wei ying. Though he very much wanted to wake him up and spend time with him before classes, the sleeping face touched his heart like a feather, that he couldn't bring himself to do it. 

While he was still admiring the scene, Jiang cheng had tickled Wei ying, making him open his eyes once again. Wei ying's barely opened eyes widened when he saw the visitor. 

Before Lan zhan could stop the Jiang sect heir, Wei ying was wide awake. He was about to ask Wei ying to go back to sleep, but Wei ying smiled at him, making him forget whatever he was thinking of doing. Wei ying excused himself to freshen up and was back in a while. 

Lan zhan felt bad for disturbing Wei ying's sleep.

Though Wei ying could not read Lan zhan's face, he felt that it is obvious that anyone would feel bad if they were to wake up a sleeping person, except the weirdo Jiang cheng. 

"Lan zhan, I had a great night's sleep, see I am completely awake now. And it's a given that I should be waking up by 5 am here. So don't feel bad, alright?" 

"Mn" 

Moments later. 

Lan zhan and Wei ying were sitting on a rock, which is on the way towards the forest. Wei ying's head was leaning on Lan zhan's shoulders and a soft snoring could be heard. 

Lan zhan thought that Wei Ying wasn't over his sleep yet, looking from the blood shot eyes. Hence he decided to at least give a break to walking, so he asked Wei ying whether it is okay to sit there and have a talk. The place also had a pond nearby and the view looked beautiful for a morning view. Who would have thought that Wei ying would sleep right away. 

Wei ying's face was so close to Lan zhan that it took a lot of self control for him to restrain from touching the baby face. Wei ying's body slouched, not used to this sleeping posture, and a gust of wind brought the hair on the side to the front of the face. 

Lan zhan grabbed Wei ying's left arm, giving support and steadied the body slowly. Then he looked at the hair obstructing him from looking at the face and decided he would just adjust the hair and do nothing else. 

His index finger travelled gradually towards Wei ying's face and the wavy strand of hair was tucked successfully behind the ear. 

"Cock-a-doodle-doo" the crowing of a rooster near the pond, broke the silent atmosphere, which disturbed Wei ying's sleep. 

Wei ying's eyes opened out of shock and he started speaking, as if he was not at all sleeping a while ago, but was listening to Lan zhan attentively. 

"What wer–e youuu say-i—ng……."  And the voice disappeared. 

Lan zhan chuckled. 

He looked at the face and a smile adorned his lips throughout the time. 

In a while, again the rooster crowed, putting Wei ying off his sleep. 

Lan zhan rocked the grown up baby to sleep. The next time the rooster opened its beak, no sound could be heard. 

Lan zhan had cast a soundproof spell surrounding them to let Wei ying sleep. For a moment he thought about silencing the rooster, but he gave up on the thought as it would be inhumane. 

Until a few hours back, Lan zhan had no clue how he was supposed to court the person he liked. By giving flowers? By taking them to a nice place? But Lan zhan felt too happy just sitting there, watching the person he liked sleeping peacefully, leaning against him.