6. Beautiful

"Why are you marrying him if you are not sure whether you love him or not huh?!" 

Jiang cheng felt pissed every time his brother gave him a highly confused expression whenever this particular question was put before him. 

"But how do I determine that Love is what I am feeling?" 

"A'cheng, come with me. A'xian, you should sleep. You are required to wake up early for the rituals. I will send A'Li to wake you up in the morning." 

Before Jiang cheng could answer, Madam Yu who was completely occupied, came looking for Jiang cheng as they still had things to prepare, as it was the day before the wedding. 

"I wish to be with him as long as I can. Does it mean I Love him?" Wei ying mumbled after Jiang cheng left. 

Of course Jiang cheng was aware that his brother loved the Younger Lan but he wanted to hear it from his brother himself. Another reason being, he was asked by Xichen as soon as the Jiang family arrived at Gusu in the evening. Since nobody other than the Jiang family was allowed to meet Wei ying, Xichen could only go in search of Jiang cheng. 

Xichen insisted that Jiang cheng ask Wei ying and deliver his answer to him before going to sleep. Though he still remembered the surprised expression of Wei ying when he got to know about Lan sect's marriage proposal, he didn't tell him what was really going on in his mind. 

"I am sure he loves your brother, but he has yet to realize it." Jiang cheng relayed. 

"His answer?" 

Since he cannot lie, Jiang cheng told Xichen about how his brother is yet to understand what love is. 

'Unsure' Xichen made a point in his mind. 

But he himself didn't understand why his baby brother was so stubborn to know the answer from his husband-to-be. 

He isn't marrying young master Wei against his will. Both families share mutual respect. Above all, Wangji loves young master Wei. So why is his baby brother troubled over this matter?! 

"Wangji, you know him better than me. Young master Wei has got the heart of a child. It's understandable that he is yet to realize love. I suggest you don't ponder over this matter, Mn?"  

At jingshi, Xichen tried to ease the worriness in his brother's eyes. 

"Mn" 

"And I got to ask your first question to Wanyin today. He told me that young master Wei agreed to this marriage on his own accord." 

Only then Lan zhan's inner commotion of emotions stopped. 

Xichen also felt relieved at Lan zhan's expression and felt happy to be able to spend more time with his brother. Previously they used to be close, but that was kind of a silent closeness and understanding. 

His brother had never asked for anything from him, until the day the marriage date was fixed. 

Noticing his brother's dull expression after Wei ying left for Lotus pier, he approached Jiang Wanyin to know more about Wei ying. In the past three months, Jiang cheng would share incidents that said how crazy his brother can be, and how big of a prankster he is. 

Xichen himself admired the fact that the young master Wei was adored by everyone around him, despite being the victims of his craziness every now and then. 

Starting the day he shared an interesting incident about young master Wei to his brother, he found his brother waiting for him everyday at Hanshi, looking forward to listening to more stories. Since then they developed a habit of vocalizing their thoughts which he thought is never possible in this lifetime. 

In fact, stories about Wei ying are the things that kept his baby brother from running to Lotus pier. 

Wedding day

Wei ying was dressed up and was looking dashing, waiting for the bride groom to escort him. It was too early in the morning and he didn't agree to his shijie's request of combing his hair and adding ornaments.  

However when he slightly closed his eyes to take a short nap for just five minutes, his shijie had already done everything she wished. But how did his five minutes nap extend to half an hour, he really wished he knew. 

He wanted to look manly, but now he looked beautiful maybe?! 

"Beautiful" 

"A'xian is beautiful" His Uncle and aunt had said. Wei ying could only sulk. 

'How can a man look beautiful hmph!!!' Wei ying was not happy at all. 

When they looked at him sulking, his aunt Madam Yu even went to the extent of squishing his cheeks, treating him like a toddler. 

Wei ying really wanted to pull everything that was stuck on his hair right away. But since the bridegroom could arrive anytime now, he didn't want to mess up his hairdo. More like, Jiang cheng would bite him if he moved even a finger with the thought of touching his hair. 

He would have convinced his shijie with talks, if it was her who was with him. But his shijie went to get ready leaving him to his angry brother. 

Outside the room was his Uncle, aunt and other family members waiting to show their talents of driving the bridegroom away with their questions, as a part of the escorting process. 

In a while, footsteps of several people could be heard. 

"I think they have arrived." Jiang cheng reported. 

"Jiang cheng, what should I do!!!" Wei ying was obviously running out of air due to panic. 

Jiang cheng hugged Wei ying and patted his shoulder in an effort to ease. 

"I am telling you. You must ask him real tough questions. Got it?" 

"Mn, I will." Wei ying promised. 

Outside the room 

Lan zhan along with Qiren and Xichen bowed to the Jiang family which they mirrored by bowing back. 

Wedding gifts were brought one by one and presented before the door. 

Lan zhan was asked a few questions about Wei ying which he answered calmly without any hesitation. 

"Jiang cheng, when will they let me see Lan zhan?" Wei ying whispered to Jiang cheng. Jiang cheng could see that his brother is obviously restless.

"Have you prepared your question?" 

"Yes" Wei ying blinked, thinking how to think of a question in such a short notice. 

"Alright. I shall tell them that you have a question. If Lan Wangji could answer that, we will let him in." 

As agreed, Jiang cheng spoke from inside, stating Wei ying has a question and if that is answered, he will open the door for younger Lan. 

"Ask" Jiang cheng rolled his eyes, waiting for Wei ying to speak. 

"Do you love me?" Wei ying felt like hearing the words of love from the man, once again. 

"Mn, I Love you" 

Wei ying pushed his brother away and bolted out of the door, running towards his Lan zhan. 

There stood a crowd and at the center of it was his husband. 

Wei ying stopped when the crowd came into his sight. He saw Lan zhan's cheeks turning pink rapidly and Wei ying felt like taking a bite without waiting. 

"Wei ying is beautiful" Wei ying heard his husband say. 

Wei ying felt butterflies in his stomach and his face reddened. 

At this moment Wei ying thought that being beautiful as a man isn't a bad thing after all.