31. Purple

As planned and convinced, three days later Wei ying was ready to set off to the Wen sect, alone. 

While his Lan zhan was angry at Wen Xu and worried about Wei ying's well being, Wei ying was just curious, as to why the said man would want him as a puppet. 

It's true that he had known Wen Xu i.e Wenwen in the past, but he disappeared from their days in Yunmeng without a trace all of a sudden. In fact he didn't even recollect the actual name Wen Xu because he introduced himself as Wenwen to him. And that's how he remembered the man. 

Well, as for how Lan zhan agreed, it was indeed after Wei ying asked Lan zhan to have faith in him as a cultivator. Not only that, Wei ying in return had to agree to Lan zhan's request of waiting at the border of the Wen sect, until Wei ying returned to him. 

The previous day the couple had sent a letter to the Jiang sect, informing them of their visit, and to ask them about JiXian's stay there, however coincidentally Madam Yu  visited the Lan sect this morning, taking Yanli along with her, on Yanli's wish to meet his brother. 

Wei ying felt at ease and all that was left was seeing his sunshine before starting from the place. Just when he opened the door, Wei ying felt a warm body engulfing him, coming from outside the door, and in the next minute Wei ying was on the floor. 

After the first few fake punches from the other party, the actual fight began. 

Lan zhan who was standing on the side was initially surprised, but as the fight progressed he felt a need to interrupt. But before he could, he saw Wei ying and his angry brother hugging each other, and then Jiang cheng checking on Wei ying's body where he punched a few seconds ago, meanwhile wiping the almost unnoticeable tears on his face. 

After making sure that he didn't inflict any pain to Wei ying, Jiang cheng got up from the floor and his face was back to normal. 

"Just get up already" he said to Wei ying, as if he was not rolling around on the ground fighting like a child a few minutes before. 

Lan zhan helped Wei ying and tidied the non existent dust off his robes. 

"Where are we going?" 

"How do you know that I am heading out?" 

"If not, why would you leave A'xian in Yunmeng when you and your husband are here?" 

"I am going. To see Wen Xu." 

"What-what! Are you mad? Why would you go there?" 

"Jiang cheng. Why are you angry!" 

Preventing the guys from fighting again, Lan zhan intervened and explained the story to Jiang cheng. 

"That sick bastard!! I let him live once but he is back again. He will die today in my hands!!" 

"Even mother can't stop me this time!" 

"By the way, you are not allowed to go anywhere near that *****" 

Jiang cheng was so furious that he kept yelling. 

"A'cheng, behave!" Madam Yu entered the room. Lan zhan bowed, while Wei ying went to her side, smiling.  

"What made you cry, are you a kid?" She asked, her voice stern. 

"I didn't" Jiang cheng answered, his face grumpy. 

"What was that earlier? This is not yunmeng" Madam Yu asked Jiang cheng to explain his reasons for making a fuss. 

"Wen Xu… this idiot is going to meet Wen Xu" 

Madam Yu's face showed disgust at the sound of the name. 

"Is this the business you told me you have to settle?" 

She asked Wei ying with concern. 

"Mother, are you keeping anything from me? Why is everyone getting agitated?" Wei ying really wanted to know. 

"Well, things can't be kept hidden forever, can it be?" She told herself. 

"He has no good intentions for you A'xian." 

Lan zhan came forward as he wanted to know the complete truth. 

"Knock" "knock" 

"Wangji" 

Xichen entered the room and his eyes scrutinized Jiang cheng's tear stained face. 

"Did y-" 

"No, I never cry" Before Xichen could ask him, Jiang cheng said embarrassed. To the side he heard someone chuckle and it was none other than his irritating brother. 

Nevertheless, Jiang cheng felt happy to have seen his brother smile like old times. 

With the new person's presence, Madam Yu started to brief the events of the fateful day. 

"From day one, I was aware that the Wen heir was sent to bind a wedding tie with the Jiang sect, as per our spy's information.

I never trusted them for I have always found them suspicious of hiding something. I am not sure or It could be my mistake of being extra harsh on the lad when he conveyed his wish to marry A'xian. I sent him away, warning him never to step inside Yunmeng. 

Who would know that the lad had so much malice within? 

I don't think I could summarize the thing he did." 

Madam Yu stopped, took a deep breath, her eyes red, and looked at Jiang cheng's way. 

Though Jiang cheng looked hesitant, he resumed the story from there. 

"It was Jiejie's birthday. We three were having drinks in a tea house sneaking out during our training hours. 

Jiejie wanted to get something from a nearby shop so I stepped out leaving this idiot and Jiejie in the tea house. 

Five minutes later when I returned, both of them had disappeared. I thought that the idiot must be pulling a prank on me, so not wanting to give him the satisfaction, I sat rooted in the same place, not looking for them. But even after some time, there were no signs of them. 

So I gave in, and started looking for them only to find them in a Flower Inn." 

"Jiang cheng, didn't we get drunk and go back home like we usually did? Why would I take shijie to such a place? It was not me!!" Wei ying looked horrified. 

"It was not you, but Wen Xu. He had taken you both there. When I broke into the room, Jiejie's hands were tied and she was crying in the corner trying to untie. And you.." 

"What did he do to my Wei ying?" Lan zhan's patience has run out. 

"He was drugged to the extent that his entire body shivered and his face was flushed, he was mumbling words which I couldn't understand. 

That bastard was blackmailing him with Jiejie's name to marry him. 

I was there before he did something more to this idiot. 

Thankfully, mother had found out about us sneaking out, and had sent men, so I was not alone.

You were heavily drugged that you had no memory of anything that happened that day when you woke up two days later".