38. Reset

“You may continue to live comfortably with the Jiangs. JiXian will be coming to Lotus pier often anyways, so you wouldn’t miss him there.” 

Lan zhan conveyed the things he needed to. 

“B-but I am comfortable here” Wei ying choked. 

“I insist.” Lan zhan turned without looking back. 

JiXian was waiting for him ahead, and he didn’t look sad. 

His father had discussed this with him. About how Xian, his mama would be happy in Lotus pier. For JiXian, his mama’s safety mattered. He still remembered the dark events that occurred previously. 

So it is infact a better choice to send his mama to his grandparents' place. 

Also his father has promised to take him to Yunmeng on a long vacation. 

No one knew the reason why Hanguang jun decided to send his husband back to Yunmeng. Not even Xichen. All Xichen could sense is that his little brother looked troubled, confused, and lovesick, all at once. 

He even doubted whether his little brother developed feelings again for his brother-in-law. But he cannot voice out that, as he might sound absurd if that is not true. 

Lan Qiren and the elders gang got happy for once. Qiren sent a servant asking his younger nephew to visit him, which Lan zhan politely refused saying he will, later. Of course, Qiren wanted to know the reason behind his nephew’s behaviour. But that’s okay if he cannot know, as long as the Jiang boy is out of his sight. 

Wei ying who reached Lotus pier, slept in for five days straight. No one asked a word, as they already got to know it from Zewujun. 

From the sixth day, he was back to his usual self, the happy Wei ying of the past on the outside. He needed a change.

He was tired. 

His bunbun is safe, and so is his Lan zhan. He decided never to return to cloud recesses unless his Lan zhan takes him back, as his husband. Most importantly, he decided never to have any hopes. 

He needed a break from everything. Though this transformation scared his parents and siblings, they gladly accepted it showering him with the much needed love. 

Wei ying knew that even if he wanted to return to Yunshen, his family wouldn’t let him go again. 

Lan zhan’s pov

He is a married man. 

Married. 

Unlike my case, his husband is just away from him. I cannot have desires for a married man. Though all I could think of is him. 

Why didn’t I think of the possibility of him being married before? 

It’s a good thing that I sent him away before spewing my nonsense of a love to him. If I hadn’t asked my sunshine about Xian, I would have remained ignorant of this fact. 

Being distant from me is good for Xian. 

Yet, here I am, in Yunmeng right before the Jiang residence, in the middle of the night, breaking the temporary rule levied on me due to my memory. 

It might be because of my guilt for sending him away for personal reasons. 

I will leave right after I know that he is alright. 

Brother is away due to an unknown emergency situation, no one other than him and my sunshine would be entering jingshi despite my order. So I have time in my hands. 

No one knew who Xian is, and I don’t know either his place or last name, so all I can do is stay in an inn and enquire in the morning. I could have travelled a little late from cloud recesses, but I couldn’t wait as it already took one week. 

Unlike yunshen where everything is quiet and orderly, yunmeng is chaotic. The streets are still packed with people and there are drunkards causing a scene taking passerby’s attention. I ignore and pass the crowd as a few drunkmen’s quarrel is not my concern. 

As I walk further towards an inn ahead, I see a familiar person walking towards my direction and I swiftly take a turn and mix in the crowd, not to get caught.

Another wave of guilt hits me, thinking as to why I have become like this, that too in Lan ying’s sect. Mother in law Yu’s appearance reminds me once again that what I am doing isn’t appropriate. 

It’s better that I leave this place before my Mother in law or the family finds me here. 

With my mission failing before it even started, I heard screams. 

“Mother ahhhhh” 

“Mother not me, it’s A-cheng” 

It must be the drunkards. 

Wait?!

Mother in law is pulling two grown up’s by their ears and leading the way, least bothered by their screams.

One is Jiang Wanyin and the other is…..Xian. 

I could see that Xian is very talkative, though I couldn’t hear anything due to the distance, he never stopped talking. 

The gate closed, only then I remembered that I had followed them all the way to the Jiang residence. 

I cannot get inside. I wanted to know whether he was alright. Now that I have seen him, I know he is. I still don’t wish to return. 

I have many more new questions about him. 

Why would he call my mother in law as mother? 

Isn’t he a servant? 

If he isn’t, why would they act indifferent to each other when they were in yunshen? 

Who is his husband?

“Wangji?” 

Third person’s pov

The day Lan zhan sent Wei ying out of cloud recesses, Xichen travelled immediately to Yunmeng to meet his brother in law. 

He wanted to know what really happened. His brother was unwilling to talk and he cannot ask him about a servant. 

When he asked JiXian whether he knew anything, the little one answered that his father had asked him about Xian. 

He had a vague feeling that his lovesick theory could be true, so he decided to come to his brother in law so that they could figure it out together. Either his brother gained his memory partially or he must have fallen in love once again. 

After five long days, Xichen and Wanyin convinced Wei ying to go out and the other two ended up drinking. 

The two fought like kids for no reason and Madam Yu appeared out of nowhere. 

When Xichen settled the bills and turned back, they were already gone. 

Xichen was confident that his brother was in love when he saw Lan zhan standing right before him in Lotus pier.