33. Far away

Lan Xichen's pov

I have seen Wangji being calm all along my life. Well, that is except when Brother-in-law is with him. But now, my little brother lying down motionless is something I don't want to witness ever again. 

This silence is just eerie. 

I will do everything I can to bring him happiness in his life. He very much deserves it. I don't understand why once again he and my brother-in-law have to go through something like this. I am sure he must have deep thoughts about brother--in-law even at this moment. 

For the past three days I have tried talking to him. He responds to nothing. It's the same for my brother-in-law. JiXian is having a tough time due to this situation. I couldn't find any words to console him. Most worrisome thing is that JiXian behaves normally despite the situation, just like Wangji used to be when we were children. 

He sleeps in the same room where Wangji is getting treated, since he cannot share his mother's room as brother-in-law's body hasn't turned completely normal due to the living dead change that happened during the puppet ring summoning. 

But healers have assured that both are recovering. 

Meanwhile, Madam Jiang is suspicious why Uncle did not participate in the battle when it is something crucial. 

I cannot decide what and what not to tell her, as it is entirely up to my brother-in-law to decide. 

"B-brother" 

Oh my Goodness. Wangji is finally up.

"Wangji, how are you feeling now?" 

"Wait, let me intimate the healer that you are awake." 

I charge towards the door and throw a quick glance at my brother just to know that he is alright before leaving him. Good that I turned back once, because he isn't alright. 

He is there, calm as usual but I know that he is feeling awful from his expression. 

Hence I return to him, not going out. 

"Does it hurt?" 

"Tell me where do you feel the pain?" 

"Wangji?" 

"I don't know" He answers. 

As I look at him anticipating an explanation, he steadies himself and sits straight like he was not feeling anything a moment ago. 

Again, there is a single drop of tear in his right eye, struggling to stay in. 

It must be my brother-in-law. 

We hear the door open and both of us turn to look towards the direction.  

"Father" JiXian enters with Madam Jiang. Madam Jiang is obviously stunned as I am. 

We both bowed and I could see JiXian walking fast leaving Madam Jiang's hand. 

He bows before taking Wangji in a tight hug. This little cinnamon ball is showing how much he missed my brother, as with each pat from Wangji, his body shudders and it's evident he is sobbing. 

Madam Jiang leaves the room, hopefully she is going to bring the healer. 

"My Sunshine" Wangji smiles and the tear that he was holding in, finally drops. 

'sniff' "Mn" 

"Father 'sniff'  Mama" 

Wangji gives a quick glance at me before he tries to console the little one.