27. Integrity

"Did you by chance feed him the sleep enhancement medicine?" 

The healer's question distracted Lan zhan's attention. 

Actually this was Lan zhan's first guess when Wei ying told him that JiXian isn't waking up. Because, last night, once again he had prepared the medicine for Wei ying. To make Wei ying have it without throwing a tantrum, he had prepared the lotus rib soup and added the medicine in Wei ying's portion alone, while for him he brought the usual leafy soup. Just like his mama, JiXian too likes Lotus rib soup, hence JiXian was given the same but without the medicine. 

That was the reason why he was shocked when he saw Wei ying up early in the morning. 

But then he thought that Wei ying must have tricked his eyes by not drinking the bitter medicine but didn't expect it to end up like this. 

However, what made him agitated was, if it was just the sleeping medicine, JiXian's body must not react to this extreme. 

Looking at the shocked faces of Lan zhan and Wei ying, the healer assumed that the kid must have consumed it by mistake. 

The healer pressed a few pressure points of JiXian and stuffed a crushed root inside his mouth, and in a few seconds the convulsions stopped and the breathing slowly steadied. 

"The amount of sleeping medicine is high for his age. Based on my observation, it is probably too high even for an adult, and I remember sending only the usual amount of medicine last night. 

Don't worry, he will wake up in two hours. The convulsions are not due to the medicine though. He is running a fever, the usual reason. He is either scared or disturbed. 

In any case, wait until he wakes up." The healer excused himself, leaving the Lans inside.  

Lan zhan knew why his Sunshine was disturbed. 

"Lan zhan, you should trust me that I didn't.." 

"I know" Lan zhan wiped the tears of Wei ying. 

"Is it him?" Lan zhan asked Wei ying, his eyes looking at his Uncle, who stood there like he had no connection. 

"Uh?!" Clearly Wei ying had forgotten his emotional outbreak which happened a few minutes ago. 

"Is it him?" Lan zhan repeated the question. 

Wei ying nodded very slowly, afraid that if he were to nod any faster, the old fox might harm his little one again. 

Wei ying's lips quivered, all the pain showcased crystal clear through his eyes. 

"Wangji, What is wrong?" Xichen wanted to know. 

"Why??" Lan zhan's voice was almost inaudible. He didn't want to believe that all these years, the man he looked upto, kept above all would do such a thing. 

"You must not let this boy fool you. He has no integrity. I was just trying to bring him-" 

"As the chief cultivator, I am now stripping you off your titles you hold in the Lan sect." 

A deafening silence fell in the room. 

"Wangji, what is happening here?" Xichen once again intervened. 

"Uncle is the one who drove Wei ying away."

"Are you having a misunderstanding here? Shouldn't you investigate first?" Xichen reasoned. 

"Why did you do that to him?" Despite Xichen's reasoning, Lan zhan is already convinced that his Uncle is the assailant, but he just wanted to know why his Uncle did so. 

"This boy has no Integrity." 

"He had an affair with Wen heir Wen Xu, I cannot have such a man carry Lan seed, or carry the Lan title." 

For a person who is now exposed of his evil deeds, Qiren was indeed strong and straight forward. One thing he was sure about was that his nephew would never harm him. 

As soon as the words were heard, Bichen was unsheathed effortlessly by Lan zhan and if not for Wei ying coming in between them immediately, Bichen would have seen Qiren's blood today. 

"Who the hell is this Wen Xu??! Why is everyone relating me to him?" Wei ying raised his voice, and asked no one in particular. 

"I trust you, and only that matters." Lan zhan hugged Wei ying, and patted his shoulders to stop him from breaking down. 

"Uncle, what are you spewing?" Xichen restrained Lan Qiren, his brain starting to believe what his brother said earlier. 

"Who is there?" Lan zhan called out the guards. 

"Bring him to the punishment hall. Thirty discipline whips." 

At this, Qiren's face turned pale. If a person with huge knowledge and power in the sect is to be punished like this, if words were to spread, it is better to be dead than to be alive. 

When Lan zhan told that he was going to strip his titles, initially Lan Qiren didn't take it seriously. 

"Lan zhan, you can't do that to your Uncle." Though Wei ying very much despised this fox, he is after all the elder of the Lan sect, and he is the one who brought up his Lan zhan. 

Lan zhan was silent. 

He, with much care, rolled up Wei ying's sleeves up until his elbow. 

There were the fading marks of the torments Wei ying faced back then. 

"It is fair that he receives what he did to you." Lan zhan said, caressing the marks. 

Xichen, who has been in a dilemma whether it is right or wrong to punish their Uncle by disciplinary whips, felt that it is indeed a correct decision. 

After all, it was their Uncle who taught them what is just and fair. 

Right when the guards were about to drag Qiren out of the room, air force increased and a slight vibration was felt. 

A man emerged out of nowhere, and the people inside the room realized that it was the teleportation talisman. 

"Wen Xu?" 

"WenWen?" Wei ying was surprised. 

At Wei ying's intimate call, Qiren looked at Lan zhan with an expression that said, 'Didn't I tell you?' 

Wen Xu too was shocked at the crowd. He didn't expect so many people to be inside Jingshi, at this time of the day. 

"A'ying" Wen Xu smiled, his eyes never leaving Wei ying.