39. Lovesick

Lanzhan’s pov

I thought I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep.

My brother didn’t question me.  

Only if he had asked why I was here last night, I wouldn’t have felt uncomfortable.  

And the room I am staying in, I don’t know why they gave me this particular one with obscene drawings throughout the ceiling. 

As an add on, there are several writings, which I don’t think I could decode though it looks a lot like mandarin. But only the letters are illegible but the drawings are not.  

Must be a room where a crazy perverted teenager stayed previously. I could ask Jiang Wanyin for a change of room, but I don’t want to seem rude. 

Despite all these, I slept really well. 

I am usually not a person to look into others belongings, but the collection of trinkets and unusual stuff thrown at random corners of the room actually makes me curious. 

These things aside, I don’t know how to find or ask for Xian. Wherever I go, my brother accompanies me and people's eyes are on me all the time. They look like they are on high alert. Might be because I lost a part of my memory. 

Something feels strange since the moment I saw Xian with my mother-in-law, but I keep telling myself that I must be overthinking. 

During lunch, with my head being all over the place, I realized that I have taken rice with spicy sauce. It is so spicy that my tongue literally burns. Since I cannot waste food, I must finish this. 

I didn’t ask for spicy sauce myself, but I remember the servant asking something to me, and I nodded without actually listening to whatever the other party said.  

Since my arrival here, fate seems to work diligently against me. However I have decided to persevere. 

It's evening already, yet I have not seen Xian. I don’t intend to return to Yunshen unless I find him and talk to him. 

My brother is busy and must return to Yunshen, but I have told him that I have not thought about returning yet, so he is also staying here so as not to leave me alone. He is treating me like a kid. 

Hmph.. I should have brought my sunshine along. I could have asked for Xian directly, using his name as an excuse. 

While Lan zhan was brainstorming, Wei ying also had his own problem which needed ideas. 

Wei ying’s pov. 

I never thought I had this much anger in me on Lan zhan. Though I am happy that he has come to our place, I am very much angry for a reason I couldn’t explain. 

The nerve of this guy to come to Lotus pier!  

All I know is that I do not want this guy to stay here in peace. 

Against my wish, the whole family which pampers me, now wants me to pamper this young master who chased me away. And that is exactly what I am doing.

I am taking care of him. But in a way I like. 

My mother allocated a room for him and asked me to check whether it is arranged according to my dear husband’s taste. I just added a bit of my art, to make it more pleasing to his eye. 

Hehehe

A couple kissing, a guy biting his lip coquettishly and a few more drawings. I must say that I have a talent for drawing, after looking at the end result. 

I would be missing my husband's disgusted reaction when he sees this. 

But I am not content with that alone. So I am adding dialogues as well. 

Darling, muah muah muah. 

Fuddy duddy, I am your grandpa.

And some more provoking phrases. I am sure he would definitely want to change rooms or talk to my brother after seeing the pictures and reading them. 

Now, shouldn’t my husband withstand the calamity of an unruly room? Let him enjoy viewing my toys which I have spread throughout the room. Not a single thing will I keep in order. 

It feels so satisfying. 

Throughout the night I waited and kept knocking on my brother's door to check whether my husband reacted. 

My stupid brother thinks that I am lovesick and that is why I keep checking on him. Only if he knows..

But why didn’t this guy do anything?? 

Is he okay?! 

Is he showing that he is tough? Let me break it. 

This Wei Wuxian will prove you wrong. 

How could this be possible? He ate rice with spicy sauce?? 

What in the hell is happening? 

Third person’s pov

Madam Yu got to know the status of the room from a cleaning maid and she asked Jiang cheng to have a look, as she believed that her younger son is capable of doing such things, and so she cannot do self harm to her eyes. 

After Jiang cheng confirmed that it is indeed true, the family felt happy after so long. 

Their A’xian is back to his crazy self.

He is finally ready to vent his emotions. No matter what it is, their crazy A’xian would solve everything with a smile.  

They wouldn’t stop him now, but they also cannot let him not show his face to Lan Wangji until he leaves. 

Hence Madam Yu told Wei ying that Zewujun must return to Yunshen soon and Lan Wangji may not stay for long in Yunmeng. 

Still Wei ying was reluctant to meet Lan zhan. Hence she told Wei ying that he must rectify his mistake by cleaning the room. 

Since his mother took her strict side to tell him this, Wei ying had no other option, other than agreeing. 

Hence, Wei ying put on a servant uniform, and went to Lan zhan’s assigned room just before the sleep time. 

“Greetings Second master Lan,

I am here under the request of Madam Yu, to clean the room. 

Wei ying entered humbly doing exactly like a servant would, letting the other feel a distance on purpose. 

Previously in Yunshen, due to his regular visit, they used to be a bit close. 

“Oh my oh my oh my” Before Lan zhan could stop him from entering, Wei ying exaggeratedly shouted with a shocked expression looking at his ceiling art. 

“Who dared to write these sinful words?” 

Lan zhan already felt bad for making Xian look at the obscene drawings and his face was blushed as he listened to the other talking. 

“What does this say?” He asked. 

“I don’t dare, I don’t dare young master” He mentally cursed his poor handwriting. 

“I insist you read these.” Lan zhan got curious. 

“Darling, muah muah muah

Fuddy-duddy I am your grandpa–” 

“Enough” Lan zhan’s entire face flushed beet red. 

In an instant Lan zhan sent Wei ying out embarrassed. He cannot taint Xian. 

Wei ying for once enjoyed his Lan zhan sending him out of the door.